This data is also portrayed on the Update Management service of the Automation Account, providing a clear picture regarding the number of VMs requiring an update, as well as the classification of the updates required. Azure VM unresponsive, ProvisioningState: Updating. Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. With Azure Update Management it streamlines the update process and gets a better insight of updates. With this update, the creation and assignment of vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) rules for running Virtual Machines in an Azure VMware Solution SDDC has been simplified and is now executable directly from the Azure Portal for cloud admin roles. Configure Automatic Azure VM Guest OS Patching Step 2: Refer to the Workbook Creation from this article. ~ Bob Dylan. Get notified of outages that impact you. Managing updates for your Azure VM | Azure Blog and ... 7: Loop through each VM in the collection. Microsoft is radically simplifying cloud dev and ops in first-of-its-kind Azure Preview portal at portal.azure.com Introduction. The ability to automatically upgrade VM extensions is now available for Azure Virtual Machines and Virtual Machine Scale Sets. Server Patching with Azure Update Management for Azure Servers Linux and Windows. When creating and updating Windows VMs, the Compute Resource Provider (CRP) has a dependency upon the Platform Image Repository to retrieve download . 10: Grab the resource group name for each VM. Azure VMs also have provisioning states. Then under the operations section click on Update management. Applies to: ️ Linux VMs ️ Windows VMs ️ Flexible scale sets ️ Uniform scale sets Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) go through different states that can be categorized into provisioning and power states. Azure Disk Encryption: Configure for Azure Windows VMs ... Azure Update Management service is used to manage OS patches/updates for both Windows and Linux platforms. (Solution) VM Agent is unable to communicate with the ... How To Access Azure VM (Virtual Machine) - Azure Lessons How To Update Azure Virtual Machine Azure の状態の履歴 | Microsoft Azure - Azure status GitHub. Your Virtual Machine is created successfully. In this tutorial, you will learn how to onboard and apply a simple Azure DSC configuration that installs and starts the Apache web service on an Azure Virtual Machine (VM). The VM's were working perfectly before, but then i had to update the DNS server on the NIC ( for name resolution).I tried reboot of the servers but each time it up, it goes to UPDATING status. Ensure that the OS volume has at least 1 GB of free space. Update Management does not offer any patch rollback option. This commit was created on GitHub.com and signed with GitHub's verified signature . See review deployment status to learn how you can monitor the deployment status. I built a Standard B1S Linux VM in Azure the other day, and it was running fine. The Cause: In my two scenarios all virtual machines were members of an Active Directory domain and as such the Azure agent is reporting back with the FQDN of the system and not the name of the virtual machine as defined in Azure. You should see a Virtual Machine with the name VMFluent with all its required Azure resources. KQL Query 1: Use this Log Analytics Log Query to get the count of Patch Deployments by Patch Deployment Schedule Name. Good. 1. Update - updates the model for an existing VM. 2. Your On-Premises DNS Server (onprem-dns-vm VM) is now configured to forward all unknown requests to 8.8.8.8, but has a more specific condition to forward requests matching .database.windows.net to 10.0.0.4; the IP address of your Azure DNS server (az-dns-vm VM), reached via the Site-to-Site VPN. Update Management solution in OMS: LINK. Not only is it for Azure only resources, but on-premise and third-party cloud environments too.. Update management is not a separate service in Azure but it is a component in Azure Automation Account. Updating your Azure Site Recovery on-premises components We've had the same issue and it's linked to a big issue Azure is having this morning. There are multiple ways to on-board a VM for automatic update management.. Once a deployment is . Updates are delivered to Windows systems by using Windows Updates and Linux via PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) . Then select Enable. The VM Agent cannot be updated using an extension, including CustomScript. Right from within your Azure VM, you can quickly assess the status of available updates, initiate the process of installing required updates, and review deployment results to verify that updates were applied successfully to the VM. 3. This update automatically stops and then restarts the System Center Virtual Machine Manager services during the update process. . These states are separate from the power state of a VM. Installation of Windows upgrades in the VM. ARM template for deploy VM and parameter file. Click to install ->. In the left menu, select Virtual machines. Then select Enable. Together, they make a region pair. However, this needed some additional planning and configuration. I notice that a combination of ProvisioningState/succeeded and some other status seems to imply "this is the final status" (running, stopped, generalized, etc). To do that, 4. To learn how to create alerts to notify you about update deployment results, see create alerts for Update Management. To complete the steps in this article, you must have appropriate access to a subscription in the Azure and Azure Stack Hub portal. Compare price, features, and reviews of the software side-by-side to make the best choice for your business. After the Virtual Machine has powered off, deallocate the Virtual Machine (Click on the VM in the Azure Portal and click Stop). Next, I'll break down the process of implementing . Computer status is collected from the Microsoft Monitoring Agent (MMA) . Copy the code below and run it in PowerShell. After you have completed configuring the schedule, click the "OK" button and you return to the status dashboard. 2 minutes 5 minutes 10 minutes 30 minutes. If the automatic extension upgrade feature is enabled for an extension on a VM or a VM . If it's ProvisioningState/updating, then it's a lot weirder. The code below will import the script C:\ATA\Azure-VM-Schedule-Start-6am.ps1 into a new PowerShell runbook named Azure-VM-Schedule-Start-6am. You can also verify by using Azure Portal. Click the notification at the top: New Site Recovery replication agent update is available. 9: Obtain the status data for each VM. PowerShell script to deploy ARM Template, create a schedule for update. Select the Enable for this VM option and update the Location, Log Analytics workspace, and Automation account details. To find the status of the scan and each server's patch status we could able to see in the server name and select the server name, to understand KB's status (In-Progress, attempted, failed, succeeded, not-attempted) Server Patching with Azure Update Management . This action puts the extension in a transition state and leads to a timeout. Enabling VM Update & Management. This is possible whether your machines are Azure VMs, AWS VMs, hosted by other cloud providers, or on premise. Even you can check status on Azure portal itself but it is bit difficult to pull all VM status in one go. To make patching Azure VM easier, Azure have a new option Automatic VM guest patching. In this article, I will show you a simple powershell script to get all azure VM status in multiple subscriptions quickly. Choose a tag to compare. 2.7.41491.1032. b6650b5. You can query Azure Monitor logs to analyze update assessments, deployments, and other related management tasks. When you enable ADE on an Windows VM, the ADE Extension is deployed on the Azure VM, and you can check the status in the VM Extension section. References The VM was connected to the proper workspace and was showing as "connected" to that workspace; however, Update management was showing no information in regards to the status of missing updates and the agent readiness was showing as "Not ready". Bellow Resources should deploy when we adding Azure Update Management. Some non-model changes to VM such as Start/Restart also fall under update. Enabling automatic VM guest patching for your Azure VMs helps ease update management by safely and automatically patching virtual machines to maintain security compliance. Azure Virtual Machines (VM's) can receive windows updates automatically if updates are enabled. vinekras. It also does not support Windows Nano Server or Azure Kubernetes Service Nodes. After you have completed configuring the schedule, click the "OK" button and you return to the status dashboard. All of a sudden, it stopped responding. Step- 1: Select your Virtual machine from the Azure portal and from the left menu from Support + troubleshooting section, select the "Resource health" button. Install the VM Agent on an existing Azure VM; Manually installing the VM Agent on your older Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines; Recently I went about updating a dozen existing VMs with the agent, and had a few issues which weren't described in the two posts above. A restart might be required on your Configuration server after you apply this update. Click to install ->. Between Azure regions. Between Azure regions. Here are some examples: Azure Portal. Status. Select a VM from the list. Steps. Open the Azure portal. Figure 1 - VM Insights Service Map showing network connections (in an Azure resource group) between on-prem computers (Azure Arc servers). Update Management allows you to manage updates and patches for your machines. This helps update management automatically patch virtual machines to maintain security compliance.… In the left menu, select Virtual machines. I tried to see any logs, but there is none, i mean no errors. PowerShell script to deploy ARM Template, create a schedule for update. Building reliable applications on Azure. Next, I'll break down the process of implementing . On the VM page, under OPERATIONS, select Update management. Select a VM from the list. Even the Restart button is greyed out. In this article. Step 3: Paste the below KQL Log Queries to find the log details of the Azure Patch Management Update Summary. Azure status history. Each Azure region is paired with another region within the same geographical vicinity. Created with Sketch. On the VM page, under OPERATIONS, select Update management. Also boot image does not loads, when trying to see that VM screen. Updates are delivered to Windows systems by using Windows Updates and Linux via PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) . A provisioning state is the status of a user-initiated, control-plane operation on the VM. . With Update Management, you can quickly assess the status of available updates, schedule installation of required updates, and review deployment results to verify updates apply successfully. I have set custom script extension on the vmss using az command: az vmss extension set --publisher Microsoft.Azure.Extensions --version 2.0 --name CustomScript --resource-group resource_group_name . After waiting for several hours, I tried to stop the VM from portal sometimes the stop operation . Good. We will fix this issue in a future release, but in the meanwhile the workaround is to first upgrade the Agent using other means (not using an extension) with apt-get upgrade walinuxagent.After this, apt-get can be used again within an extension. Take a snapshot of the OS disk of the affected VM as a backup. Microsoft Azure's status page said Wednesday's VM outage began around 5 am UTC and lasted till around noon UTC, and impacted services across all regions, from Europe, to the Americas, the . There are multiple commands available for Windows VMs when using Run Command. Creating the Azure Automation Runbook (Azure PowerShell) After saving the PowerShell script name Azure-VM-Schedule-Start-6am.ps1, the next step is to import the script into a new runbook.. To achieve all that, Azure Update Management is using Azure Automation and it's components. GPG key ID: 4AEE18F83AFDEB23 Learn about vigilant mode . Status: NOW AVAILABLE. In this #PowerShot, I will show you how to build an app with Power Apps to manage Azure Virtual Machines using the Azure Resource Manager REST API and a custom connector.We will take a look at a setup to interact with the Azure VM using the Azure Resource Manager connector, Azure Virtual Machines connector and build a custom connector to enhance the functionality of the app. One of the many benefits of Azure DSC is the ability to apply, monitor, and update configuration using a consistent process across your resources at scale. Root Cause: Windows-based Virtual Machines utilize the Windows Virtual Machine Agent (VM Agent) extension, which is used to manage interactions between the Virtual Machine and the Azure Fabric. However, this needed some additional planning and configuration. Go to Azure Portal and navigate to your "Recovery services vault." Go to the "Replicated Items" pane in the Azure portal for the "Recovery services vault." Click the following notification at the top of the screen: New Site Recovery replication agent update is available. In the previous post in this series, we covered how to achieve this with Azure CLI in Bash, and in later posts, we will cover how to convert these commands into scripts. Share. If someone is still experiencing the stuck in the UPDATING status, it's probably your VM's Disk ran out of space, what I did is I increased the size and it boot fine. Cannot Start or Delete Azure Recovery Plan. Question. If this step doesn't work, try the following solution. Most of the time you can just navigate to your Virtual Machine > Support+Troubleshooting > Boot diagnostics which will give you a screenshot of what your VM shows on the screen for that exact moment. Leave the VM in this state for 8 hours. Remove the update that causes the problem. I have a VM (Resource Manager deployment model) running under MSDN Azure which has been started and stopped on a daily basis for several weeks without problem. The trick we used in order to get the instance running again is: 1. stop the VMs via Powershell 2. change the size of the vm and back (preferably from A to D as this is different hardware) 3. start the VM. Compare. Status: NOW AVAILABLE. Update the VM objects and properties by running the Update-AzVM . With this update, the creation and assignment of vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) rules for running Virtual Machines in an Azure VMware Solution SDDC has been simplified and is now executable directly from the Azure Portal for cloud admin roles. Performing an Azure VM Scale Set deployment is a great way to get autoscaling and high-availability out of the box. Steps. You use Run Command for Azure VMs through the Azure portal, REST API, Azure CLI, or PowerShell. The Enable Update Management window opens. Azure Backup is designed to be cost-effective whether you're interested in short or long . Azure virtual machine scale sets are a handy high-availability feature to have for VMs in Azure. I've seen it have no secondary state, I've seen it be running at this time (and the site seems accessible on that VM). Create a new Update Deployment for the VM by clicking the "Schedule deployment for this VM" button at the top of the blade and specify the required values. Select the Enable for this VM option and update the Location, Log Analytics workspace, and Automation account details. But, this needs some efforts for planning and configuration. Using Azure PowerShell to create new scale sets to automate tasks is a great value add. . So you should have a separate rollback plan for critical servers, such as restoring from latest backup. Customers performing VM migrations to Azure have reported great results from the VM Insights ServiceMap solution, in terms of understanding the relationships between servers in domain and distributed application environments. Compare Azure Virtual Machines vs. Nutanix AHV vs. Oracle VM vs. SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor using this comparison chart. In this blog post, I will talk about how to use Update Management solution to manage updates for your Azure VMs. 1. Root Cause: Windows-based Virtual Machines utilize the Windows Virtual Machine Agent (VM Agent) extension, which is used to manage interactions between the Virtual Machine and the Azure Fabric. Update VM Custom Image. Root Cause: Windows-based Virtual Machines utilize the Windows Virtual Machine Agent (VM Agent) extension, which is used to manage interactions between the Virtual Machine and the Azure Fabric. Improve this answer. Set the following: Check Box: Automatically delete this virtual machine after creating the image To store Encryption Keys and Secrets , ADE uses Azure Key Vault. With Azure Update Management it streamlines the update process and gets a better insight of updates. Automatic VM guest patching has the following characteristics: Patches classified as Critical or Security are automatically downloaded and applied on the VM. Managing updates for your Azure VM: LINK. Azure Virtual Machine extensions are small applications that provide post-deployment configuration and automation on Azure VMs. Updates required for each VM; Update status per VM; Summary of schedules executed; Number of VMs requiring an update . After the Virtual Machine shows Stopped (deallocated), click on Capture . I realize I don't do a very good job of keeping up to date, but I try to. Created with Sketch. The VM agent status must be in a ready state, and the script should not stop or update the VM agent. using Fluent SDK you can verify the status of any Virtual machine by providing Id of virtual machine. Copy. Open the Azure portal. Try It. If you want to keep your Azure virtual machines (VMs) up-to-date, then there is a service called Azure Update Management, which helps you to manage updates on your Azure VM guest operating system. A little Linux VM I had deployed several months back suddenly quit taking automatic updates. Azure Update Management is a managed solution offered by Microsoft. yesterday. Create - VM creation. For Windows VMs, the OS Disk must be encrypted before enabling encryption on Data Disks. A Log Analytics Workspace is an Azure resource and a container where data is collected, aggregated, and serves as an administrative boundary. Under Support + troubleshooting, select Redeploy + reapply. Now we have the Linux VM, next step is to configure the update management feature. If the VM is still in this state after that period, restart the VM from the Azure portal, and see if it can start normally. 15: Print the output to the screen in a reader-friendly format. Improves pre-failover checks in portal to prevent failover of a recovery plan if all virtual machines of a replication group are not part of the recovery plans. Log In and Verify Subscription Before we do anything, as always, we want to be certain we have PowerShell . I'm not able to make any changes to it in the Azure Portal, nor can I get most metrics or diagnostic information. In the menu of the Azure VM, you can select Run command. 11: Loop through the status information for each VM. az vm reapply -g MyResourceGroup -n MyVm. The Enable Update Management window opens. To make patching of your Azure virtual machines (VMs) easier, there is a new option called Automatic VM guest patching, which helps . Azure Backup allows you to protect and back up your data for on-premises servers, virtual machines, virtualized workloads, SQL Server, SharePoint Server, and more.. Azure Backup gives you the flexibility to pick and choose the data you want to protect, for as long as you want to protect it. Update the VM objects and properties by running the az vm reapply command: Azure CLI. Select the Reapply option. This is the symbol of a healthy VM. The purpose of this article is to describe these states and specifically highlight when customers are billed for instance usage. Create a new Update Deployment for the VM by clicking the "Schedule deployment for this VM" button at the top of the blade and specify the required values. Azure virtual machine in stopped state and can't start. ARM template for deploy VM and parameter file. You can run commands directly from the Azure Portal. In this post, I'm going to walk through how to expand a managed OS disk on an Azure virtual machine with PowerShell. Computer status is collected from the Microsoft Monitoring Agent (MMA) . Here you can find some predefined scripts to troubleshoot your Azure VM. Hi, this is a known issue. During the scheduled maintenance phase, Azure updates only the VMs in a single region of a region pair. Go to the Replicated Items pane in Azure Portal, and then locate the Recovery services vault. Go to Azure Portal, and then locate the Recovery services vault. For example, while updating the VM in North Central US, Azure doesn't update any VM in South Central US at the same time. Check Virtual Machine Status. To make patching of your Azure virtual machines (VMs) easier, there is a new option called Automatic VM guest patching, which helps . Fixes VMware vCenter server connectivity status reporting. RCA - Virtual Machines (Tracking ID 0NC_-L9G) Summary of Impact: Between 06:27 UTC and 12:42 UTC on 13 Oct 2021, a subset of customers using Windows-based Virtual Machines (Windows VM) may have received failure notifications when performing service management operations - such as start, create, update, delete.Deployments of new VMs and any updates to extensions may have failed. Refresh every. When creating and updating Windows VMs, the Compute Resource Provider (CRP) has a dependency upon the Platform Image Repository to retrieve download . To achieve all that, Azure Update Management is using Azure Automation and it's components. If you want to keep your Azure virtual machines (VMs) up-to-date, then there is a service called Azure Update Management, which helps you to manage updates on your Azure VM guest operating system. 2. It includes pre . When creating and updating Windows VMs, the Compute Resource Provider (CRP) has a dependency upon the Platform Image Repository to retrieve download . Bellow Resources should deploy when we adding Azure Update Management. 13: Obtain the specific runtime status property information. Log in to Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com) as Global Administrator.5. Azure have a service called Update Management, which helps to manage updates on your Azure VM guest operating system. If this does not give you an obvious hint as to why, then this is where the "redeploy" feature . Step-2: After clicking on the " Resource health " button you should see the status as "Available". Search for the REBELVM01 VM and click on it.. 6. Sometime we need the status of the virtual machines which are running in multiple subscriptions like Dev, Prod. Navigate to the VM that's stuck in the Failed state. Step 1: Log in to Azure Portal. A couple of days ago it hung during the restart with a status of 'Updating'. In the Search Windows box, enter winver to open the About Windows dialog box and determine the last Windows update applied . You can also complete these steps on the failed VM, but you must first revert the VM to the state before you applied this update by restoring the VM from backup. Next steps. Mean no errors Query to get the count of Patch deployments by Patch deployment schedule name are downloaded. Required on your Configuration Server after you apply this update 15: Print output... A href= '' azure vm status updating: //azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/ '' > running PowerShell scripts remotely on Azure Portal, and serves as administrative! Also does not loads, when trying to see any logs, but there is,... See a Virtual Machine with the name VMFluent with all its required Azure Resources status of a region.! A transition state and can & # x27 ; ll break down the process implementing. Updates | Microsoft Azure < /a > Azure VMs, AWS VMs azure vm status updating the OS volume has at least GB... Or on premise guest patching has the following characteristics: Patches classified Critical..., we want to be certain we have PowerShell name for each.! Of days ago it hung during the restart with a status of a user-initiated, operation. Scheduled maintenance phase, Azure have a separate rollback plan for Critical servers, such as Start/Restart fall... Updates | Microsoft Azure < /a > Azure updates | Microsoft Azure < /a GitHub... Great way to get the count of Patch deployments by Patch deployment schedule name after apply... Github & # x27 ; re interested in short or long in short or.! Needs some efforts for planning and Configuration > Releases · Azure/WindowsVMAgent · <. Some additional planning and Configuration if this step doesn & # x27 ; Updating & x27. Vms in a transition state and can & # x27 ; Updating & # ;. //Azure.Microsoft.Com/En-Us/Updates/ '' > how to create new Scale Sets to automate tasks is a great value add subscriptions like,... By Patch deployment schedule name power state of a VM or a VM was running fine enabled for extension.: Patches classified as Critical or Security are automatically downloaded and applied on the VM //azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/ >! Of & # x27 ; new Scale Sets whether you & # x27 ; s verified signature a might! Single region of a region pair: Paste the below KQL Log Queries to the! Only the VMs in a reader-friendly format not be updated using an extension, including CustomScript required Azure.! Get the count of Patch deployments by Patch deployment schedule name, control-plane on... Search Windows box, enter winver to Open the Azure Portal ( https: //status.azure.com/sv-se/status/history/ '' > PowerShell... You about update deployment results, see create alerts to notify you about update results... A timeout a schedule for update Management service is used to manage patches/updates! < a href= '' https: //portal.azure.com ) as Global Administrator.5 about update deployment results, create... Signed with GitHub & # x27 ; Standard B1S Linux VM in Azure Portal (:... Group name for each VM the scheduled maintenance phase, Azure updates | Microsoft running PowerShell scripts on... Management update Summary t start and run it in PowerShell GitHub.com and signed with GitHub #! In multiple subscriptions like Dev, Prod copy the code below and run it in PowerShell there none... Once a deployment is a great way to get autoscaling and high-availability out of the side-by-side... The Search Windows box, enter winver to Open the Azure Patch Management update.. The Microsoft Monitoring Agent ( MMA ) can find some predefined scripts to troubleshoot Azure. Update is available resource and a container where data is collected from the Microsoft Monitoring Agent ( MMA.! Commands directly from the Microsoft Monitoring Agent ( MMA ), deployments, and then locate the Recovery services.... Efforts for planning and Configuration 4AEE18F83AFDEB23 learn about vigilant mode ago it hung the. Servers, such as restoring from latest backup some non-model changes to VM such as Start/Restart also fall update... The output to the screen in a transition state and leads to a timeout you & x27! Separate from the Microsoft Monitoring Agent ( MMA ) to Windows systems by using Windows updates and via!, the OS disk must be encrypted before enabling encryption on data Disks when using run.... 9: Obtain the specific runtime status property information Monitoring Agent ( MMA.. The screen in a reader-friendly format can select azure vm status updating command VM reapply command Azure! The Azure Portal take a snapshot of the Virtual machines < /a > GitHub update deployment results, see alerts!, this needs some efforts for planning and Configuration the Replicated Items pane in Azure the other,... To Windows systems by using Windows updates and Linux via PowerShell Desired state (! Is an Azure resource and a container where data is collected from the Monitoring. We adding Azure update Management service is used to manage OS patches/updates for both Windows Linux! Select the Enable for this VM option and update the Location, Log Analytics workspace is an Azure VM you... Even you can check status on Azure Virtual machines < /a > Open the Azure VM Scale Set deployment a. Log Query to get autoscaling and high-availability out of the OS disk of box!: new Site Recovery replication Agent update is available update assessments, deployments, and reviews the! Windows box, enter winver to Open the about Windows dialog box and determine the last update. T start > how to update Azure Virtual machines and Virtual Machine Scale Sets automate! For Critical servers, such as restoring from latest backup the purpose this... Directly from the Azure Portal ( https: //github.com/Azure/WindowsVMAgent/releases '' > Releases · Azure/WindowsVMAgent · <. Https: //azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/ '' > elbosito/azure-privatelink-dns-microhack - githubmemory < /a > GitHub phase. Is designed to be cost-effective whether you & # x27 ; results, see create alerts to you. And Automation account details the OPERATIONS section click on it.. 6 snapshot the. Commit was created on GitHub.com and signed with GitHub & # x27 ; re in. Azure update Management < /a > update VM Custom image: //portal.azure.com ) as Administrator.5... Transition state and can & # x27 ; ll break down the process of implementing to a timeout create Scale! Objects and properties by running the Update-AzVM changes to VM such as restoring from latest backup screen! Log details of the Azure Portal, and Automation account details REBELVM01 VM and click on Capture,!: Grab azure vm status updating resource group name for each VM no errors status on Azure Portal itself it. Bit difficult to pull all VM status in one go, Log Analytics workspace, and serves as an boundary! Management does not loads, when trying to see that VM screen and related... In Azure the other day, and other related Management tasks a transition state and to! The count of Patch deployments by Patch deployment schedule name in a single of. Last Windows update applied extension in a reader-friendly format couple of days ago it hung during scheduled! Characteristics: Patches classified as Critical or Security are automatically downloaded and applied on the VM details! - githubmemory < /a > Open the about Windows dialog box and the! About vigilant mode and Virtual Machine shows stopped ( deallocated ), click on Capture restart a. · Azure/WindowsVMAgent · GitHub < /a > Open the Azure VM easier, Azure have a new automatic... Disk of the Virtual machines < /a > Steps make patching Azure VM, you can Query Monitor! Update - updates the model for an extension on a VM for automatic update Management break down process. A restart might be required on your Configuration Server after you apply this update ; ll break down the of...