After searching online and trying different fixes for. I updated the firmware to the latest, still no use. DisplayPort on Thunderbolt suddendly stop… - Apple Community and I don't think the DisplayPort is broken: something else is (according to all troubles people go through I would say I was very lucky to get away with this: e.i. I believe there was a Lenovo BIOS update & some Windows updates at the same time. 5.) 1 year later, I do the same thing with a larger yet older TV but the adapter has to find a sweet spot in order to work. I've recently bought a new Dell monitor that takes HDMI, DisplayPort or mini-DisplayPort inputs. All at a sudden, the image disappeared. #1. This monitor has HDMI and DisplayPort inputs. You will find the list of . Also, the DisplayPort input was selected using the . Since monitor and docking station were working fine, I feared the worst: a broken USB-C port. The monitor is a new HP, which I've only ever used for VGA, so I can't be 100% certain that its displayport even works (although unlikely). I appreciate hotplug working better, but I put the monitor to sleep a lot more :-) philipl. To resolve HDMI port not working issue, some proven methods are displayed below. Thread starter Kinato; Start date Jan 12, 2016; Sidebar. Surface Pro 4 Display Port stop working I've read many other posts about faulty Surface display ports - they just stop working and despite all the normal troubleshooting they never work again. Put the screen inot eco power mode via the Acer screen menu options and see how you go. The monitor reports no signal and Windows 10 reports not recognizing the USB-C device or USB-C device error? When I plug in the adapter/hdmi cable to my computer, the screen flashes for a second and my windows fade out for just a second, then they fade back in. If you have been successfully using your DVI to Displayport setup and it just stopped working, then you probably have an issue with your adaptor. For example, our screen can achieve 2560×1440 at 165Hz over DisplayPort, but only 144Hz using HDMI. It was working initially but stopped at the end of September. Please allow the HDD LED on your case to stop, as the OS will most likely . I did some further searching round the internet and found that a few other people had encountered this issue before. However, unless you need the system's HDMI output for other purposes, such as a different display, a USB-C to DP cable won't perform any differently from just using HDMI instead, so if the HDMI output is an option, that's probably even easier. The light on the oculus turns white, and it receives audio fine. I have two display port external monitors. Yesterday I woke my computer from sleep, and the display was at as wonky resolution so I hit "Restart" from within the Windows 10 lockscreen. The computer could then keep which monitor was which and the display issues would stop. Tried all the Windows fixes, rolled back Windows, rolled back display drivers and still doing it. 1. Step 4. I have a Thinkvision T24i-10 monitor, It has been solved after an extra hard push in the monitor side. Not thinking much of it, I put the cable back in, but to my suprise the monitor cant be detected anymore. While moving my monitor around, the lose cable came out and the monitor disconnected. 4) If the condition persists, try to connect the monitor using HDMI to make sure the monitor functions properly, then try DisplayPort again. Previous Next Sort by votes. When i first installed the GPU i was getting no out put at all (I am a computer technician so im not stupid). HEy Everyone, recently had a user purchase 2 Samsung C32F391 Monitors, and I'm trying tog et them to work with his current workstation. Connecting to a single monitor at a time using DisplayPort 6.) Please let me know what I can do to get this to work, this is all brand new . Hey i recently bought a new pc and the display port doesn't work. Plug the power cord or AC adapter. 3070 DisplayPort not working. Trying to use two monitors using both Mini DisplayPort* outputs but just one is working. There is no way that you can go on working if you're not seeing anything on the display. DisplayPort on Thunderbolt suddendly stopped working on Mac mini 2012. It does not work at all below 1024x768 and often requires several attempts at 1280x960. And this . The best result I've had is one of the DisplayPort monitors coming up one time. New GTX 1070 Display ports not working. When i first installed the GPU i was getting no out put at all (I am a computer technician so im not stupid). I've plugged the laptop into it using Displayport to Disaplyport, and Displayport to mini-DisplayPort (both cables brand. Our solution was to hook up one monitor with a Display Port cable, and the other with whatever the computer/laptop/adapter would take, HDMI, VGA or DVI, as long as it wasn't Display Port. These kind of adapters usually include the word "active" in the description and tend to be more expensive than . Hardware. Display port randomly stops working? wash. September 4, 2018, 7:56am #2. Joined Jan 16, 2021 Messages 4. OcUK Value 3m Male - Male Display Port Monitor Cable (CDLDP-003) 1 £5.82 Everything is working perfectly aside from one thing - it simply won't detect anything plugged into DisplayPort. In Display Settings, click the Detect button. DisplayPort has suddenly stopped working. I changed the eco saving plus set to off, still didnt work. 4. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences. we got a VGA to display . Help. I even tried using another display port cable and it still did not work. It was working fine a few hours ago at work, I got home and plugged in the external display as usual and turned on the machine and nothing. It took some fiddling, but I finally got it working via an HDMI cable. February 1, 2020, 4:11am #2. It worked for me. I just purchased a Moshi Mini Displayport to HDMI adapter to use with my 2008 Macbook Pro to watch movies on my TV but it's not working. Sep 26, 2015. Using the buttons on the bottom right of the front bezel (image above), go in the "DISPLAY SETTINGS" of the monitor menu and . Hi, I am unable to use an external monitor with my Yoga Slim 7 Pro laptop. But after power cycling, it again stopped working. 1. Connect your USB device to your laptop. The DisplayPort does not support DP++, so when using a passive adapter (e.g. philipl . To solve this issue, it turned out to be as basic as: Turn off the PC. Videos stop playing after ~20/~40 seconds after updates. Graphics Cards. If you see Drag the monitor icons to match the physical arrangement of your monitors, it means that Windows is detecting more than a single monitor. May sure you are using the correct display port on the back of the graphics card not the one up above that may be plugged. If your Thunderbolt display is not working, do not panic. After upgrade to a recent 21H1 KB(not exactly which KB it is though. Forums. For some reason, this only occurred with 3rd party DP-cables. This is one of the major reason that people have problems with this monitor. I've been using the display port on the GTX 1060 graphics card and using the audio through the monitor. The graphic card i have is an 2060 gefore rtx and when I try with my screen to go on the dp it just says there is no signal. Enable projection mode Normally, an external display is enabled automatically but sometimes Windows 10 thinks you don't want your desktop to appear on it. For now, as a means of trouble-shooting, just try ONLY the DP-to-HDMI adapter/cable from TV to GTX 960 and see if that is actually working or not. Update the Radeon™ RX Vega M GH graphics. Method 1: Check HDMI Cable Connection If HDMI not working issue happens to your computer, you should check the HDMI cable connection at first. For more info, see Install Surface and Windows updates. Previous Next Sort by votes. Forums. Everything was beautiful - I had 4k resolution, 60Hz, it was. Hence, is the reason why you can get very annoyed if your Thunderbolt display not working. The following are the methods that can help you easily fix your DisplayPort no signal issue: 1) Check your DisplayPort connection 2) Restart and reconnect your devices 3) Update graphics driver 4) Test with another cable or device 1) Check your DisplayPort connection It might sound silly, I tried to update the dock to 3.7 and thunderbolt firmware in my X1 Carbon 6th and still the same, no image, same symptom, monitor out of sleep and "no input" message. Press and hold the Option key, and a "Detect Displays" button should appear. Just to clarify, were you using the same Acer Predator X34 monitor when testing the DisplayPort ports? GeForce Graphics Cards. To work around this issue, use one of the following methods: Change Lid close action to any setting other than "Do nothing.". 2. Wait approximately 1 minute. After that, it wouldn't turn on - I'd get just a "No Signal" thing on the monitor. I've tried multiple USB to Displayport dongles, multiple cables, and multiple monitors. 3. In the left column, click Resolution or Adjust Resolution . New GTX 1070 Display ports not working. The app first unloads your driver, and flashes your graphics card BIOS (a process which must not be interrupted, lest you end up with an expensive brick). Re: Displayport Output Stopped Working Completely 2021/05/19 14:23:34 schmak01 I've had this problem on a lot of cards, I'm starting to think DP has issues. Troubleshooting solutions. Viewed 43k times. The simplest and fastest method to fix the display port no signal issue is to restart and reconnect your device. I tried: Turning off the PC, unplugging PC and monitor cables for a few mins, plugging back in Changing the order of unplugging/plugging Switching to DisplayPort from . Disconnect the PC from its power source. A panel will open on the right side of the screen. #1. i had a display port cable connecting my monitor to my graphics card and everything has been working fine for a couple of months. Has Microsoft acknowledged the problem and offered a remedy or warranty repair for machines otherwise out of warranty for this defect? It is daisy-chained to the U2419HC monitor using a DisplayPort cable (DisplayPort connectors on both ends) I mention the above because, in my setup, I do NOT see any Thunderbolt devices showing up in Device Manager. You would have to stop and take some time to figure out how to fix the thunderbolt stopped working issue. I plugged it in and plugged an HDMI cord from the TV to the adapter and it worked with no problem. Some users have reported that their DisplayLink device has suddenly stopped working with Windows 10 Anniversary or Creators update. Here's how to do that: Step 1. Build Help. Disconnect all monitors Unplug the monitor you're having issues with from its power source. 0. I ran into an issue where my Display port wasn't working after the computer went to sleep. To check to see if Windows is detecting the monitor, on a computer that is running a version of Windows 8 or Windows 10, do the following: On your keyboard, press the Windows key + X and click Control Panel. . Resolution. I have two CHG70 monitors, initially the displayport was working on both the monitors but now its not working at all on both monitors, but HDMI is working fine. After making these changes and closing the Settings window, your display should be working if this was the problem. Note that HDMI is limited to specific combinations of resolution and refresh rate, depending on the version of HDMI you are using. the two external monitors and the laptop screen work fine, until i undock and redock, at which point two . Hot! The reason why the audio cut off is that DisplayPort connections have an audio stream, which means that when you connect it to a monitor or TV, it will detect it and switch the audio to that device automatically. Connect the Display, power on the display, switch that to the correct input, then power on the PC. A couple weeks ago my laptop (envy 13-ah0100nd) was still able to project an image to my monitor using an usb c to displayport dongle, but now it suddenly stopped working. Hardware. Click the Displays icon. I had it with both AMD and nvidia cards, and HP, Asus, AOC, and Samsung monitors (oddly all were 1440p and never the primary monitor) What I have found that fixes it is unplugging the . 4. Fix No Signal on display port 1. Hi, I've been using my HP Z27 monitor with my Mac mini 2012 quad-i7 for a few months, connecting them via a mini-DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. Restart your PC. Update: We have confirmation that the tool is intended for both reference-design and custom-design graphics cards. The only other times I typically see one that just doesn't seem to work is when the GPU is set to force output in a resolution not supported, such as 4K to a 1080P screen or 144Hz refresh to a monitor that only supports 120Hz. Workaround. It was working good for a long time until one day I picked it up again and the displayport connection stopped working. Second DisplayPort not working on UD-ULTC4K. After booting successfully on HDMI, I received the warning that the Nvidia . A couple weeks ago my laptop (envy 13-ah0100nd) was still able to project an image to my monitor using an usb c to displayport dongle, but now it suddenly stopped working. Solution 1: Check the video input settings. This is unused. the monitors only have HDMI, and Displayport ports to work with. It's possible the DP is just not working on yours, which means either a swap with the vendor or a repair by Acer. The next best option if you don't have DisplayPort connectors is HDMI. Question: Q: Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter Not Working! Actua. Step 2. Fix DisplayPort not working (No Signal) I keep on randomly experiencing this, either after changes I do to system or just when restarting the system and it all of a sudden decides to fuck itself up for no real reason and based on Google, it seems to be a very common thing with NVIDIA graphic cards and high end ASUS monitors like my ASUS VG248QE . Re: Thinkpad USB-C Dock DisplayPort not functioning. with the DVI cables, but when I'd hook them up with DisplayPort cables, I'd get a 'No signal'. I'm trying to set up a multi-display, the monitors are identical and both work via HDMI but neither on DisplayPort. Fixed a bug that caused DisplayPort audio to stop working after monitors are hotplugged. i was able to get one of them working on the HDMI port, but am having trouble with the second monitor on the vga port. Lenovo has issued a firmware update for ThinkPad laptops made between 2017 and 2019 to fix various USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 connection . Hi everyone. The monitor woke up with the PC but gave me a no signal screen. Press and hold the Option key while you click Scaled to see additional resolutions for the second display. Thread starter deepblue0154102e0; Start date Jan 16, 2021; D. deepblue0154102e0 New member. getting the pisture from DisplayPort..) - in fact it's not broken: when tested on Ubuntu it works, so HW is ok. 5. Out of the blue, the display port stopped working. DOWNLOAD: NVIDIA Graphics Firmware Update Tool for DisplayPort 1.3 and 1.4 . Tap the Win+P keyboard shortcut. Answer (1 of 3): Displayport to VGA requires a certain minimum resolution or it doesn't get enough power/time to actually convert digital to analog (I'm not 100% clear on what the sticking point is). To update the graphics go to our downloadcenter.intel.com using the "Radeon™ RX Vega M GH graphics" keywords for the search or the NUC model Intel® NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK. Planning to bring both the PC and my monitor up to my office today, where I can try both with known-working Display port monitors and PC. Yesterday I tried to wake my PC from sleep but I wasn't getting signal on my monitor. 4) If the condition persists, try to connect the monitor using HDMI to make sure the monitor functions properly, then try DisplayPort again. When i woke my computer from hibernation it said display port no signal. 6. Last year, I got a Displayport to HDMI adapter for my 5 year old Dell Latitude laptop. when all else failed took about 3 weeks to find it now im running 100hz at 3440x1440 over clocked. Power can occasionally leak thr. So on Friday i thought it was time for a upgrade so i bought a Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1. 3) If the DisplayPort option is selectable but no signal appears on screen, please unplug the cable and plug it back in the make the monitor re-detect the connection. @Mikecotter86 happy to help.Yes a USB-C to DisplayPort cable is the simplest, least expensive workaround if you don't want to use HDMI. Upgrade its firmware. 4,530. Use either of the following methods to force detection of the external monitors: Use the keyboard shortcut Win+Ctrl+Shift+B. I had to switch over to the the HDMI cable. Hi guys, Long story short: one morning the DisplayPort stopped working on my machine. Here's a fix Read More » #1. Well, here's how to fix all your DisplayPort sound problems. I've had 10.13.1 working completely for several weeks. Been using DisplayPort since I got this new monitor. One of the main weird feature of the Dell U2414H is that you MUST enable the DisplayPort input in the monitor menu before being able to use it. First, to make sure your Surface is working properly, get the latest updates. Oct 22, 2015 38 0 4,530 0. I tried all the possibilities Drivers, BIOS Flash and even cable issues but no luck. Also, VT switching away from X and back again fixes it. Jan 12, 2016 #1 i have a dual monitor setup and i one of them is an Asus VG248QE monitor that ive been using for the last month without any . So on Friday i thought it was time for a upgrade so i bought a Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1. One day when booting up the computer, the display had stopped working: the laptop still 'sees' that an external monitor is connected, but the monitor reports that it receives no signal. I purchased new cables, still it didn't work. This issue is reported to occur when the user finishes installing a big Windows update (Anniversary Update, Creators Update) or right after the DisplayLink driver is updated via WU (Windows Update). If you're using more than one display, and you can see the image on one of the displays, you can also use Displays preferences to check for . Select the "Apple" logo in your Mac's menu bar. To check to see if Windows is detecting the monitor using a computer that is running a version of Windows XP, do the following: Right-click on the desktop and click Properties. 9. Even when chaning the displayport nothing works, or . Step 3. K. Kinato Reputable. If no display appears. Click Appearance and Personalization, then click Display. Display port randomly stops working? I have tested: - Update to last version (1008.1); - The 2 display ports of the screen; - The 2 display ports of my RTX 3070; - Change the display port version to 1.1 and 1.2; - The cable on another screen (it works). Please use an active adapter like our Active DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter instead. : //www.cnet.com/tech/computing/is-your-thinkpads-usb-c-port-not-working-upgrade-its-firmware/ '' > GTX 960 DisplayPort not working displayport stopped working VGA adapter doesn & # x27 ; work... Brand new VGA port the audio through the monitor you & # x27 ; work... Plugable Support < /a > DisplayPort has suddenly stopped working of Windows displayport stopped working... A time using DisplayPort 6. on a Dell xps 13 on a Dell dock., still no use docking stations < /a > DisplayPort Output stopped working ; re having issues DisplayPort..., depending on the external screen panel will open on the oculus turns white and. Better, but i put the monitor disconnected cycling, it was working normaly in Description... < /a DisplayPort! A Lenovo BIOS update & amp ; some Windows updates just doesn & # x27 ; no &... To figure out how to fix the thunderbolt stopped working some Windows updates while. An external monitor with my Yoga Slim 7 Pro laptop off, still no use good for a upgrade i... Working - EVGA Forums < /a > new GTX 1070 G1 Yoga Slim 7 Pro laptop September,! Out to be working to find it now im running 100hz at 3440x1440 over clocked 960 DisplayPort not working way! Adapter and have a Asus VG248QE monitor can go on working if you have problems with this.... After booting successfully on HDMI, and DisplayPort ports to work, after... Connecting your Surface to a TV, monitor, or port randomly stops working Intel! > everything is hooked up but nothing is working monitors: use the shortcut! Windows updates that: Step 1 result i & # x27 ; s Hardware <. Cable came out and the power cables from your computer signal on my monitor monitor. A thunderbolt to dual display port randomly stops working ; Sidebar: //www.startech.com/en-us/faq/mst-hubs-general-troubleshooting >! Usb-C to DisplayPort adapter ), the monitor with this monitor this monitor clarify, were you using the quot. Clarify, were you displayport stopped working the & quot ; Detect monitors & ;. S Hardware Forum < /a > 30 no game would load without DP. Additional resolutions for the Second display all the Windows fixes, rolled back display Drivers still! Displayport monitors coming up one time new cables, still no use > mini DisplayPort not! A Asus VG248QE monitor all the possibilities Drivers, BIOS Flash and even cable issues no... 2017 and 2019 to fix various USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 connection wash. September 4, 2018, #! Use the keyboard shortcut Win+Ctrl+Shift+B … getting & # x27 ; t work on Intel® NUC Kit <...: Hardware and Operating... < /a > DisplayPort has suddenly stopped issue... Hp DisplayLink 4K hub > issues with DisplayPort - not detecting at 165Hz over DisplayPort, but to my the! Graphics card and using the & quot ; decided & quot ; Detect Displays & quot ; monitors. //Steamcommunity.Com/Discussions/Forum/11/412446292753765737/ '' > issues with from its power source the latest updates away! 3Rd party DP-cables re having issues with DisplayPort - not detecting the thunderbolt stopped working back Windows, back. Adapter thinking my previous one broke but it didn & # x27 ; getting. Unable to use an external monitor with my Yoga Slim 7 Pro laptop ve is... Confirmation that the NVIDIA having issues with from its power source while moving my monitor now! Best result i displayport stopped working # x27 ; t fix anything occurred with 3rd party.! Re having issues with DisplayPort - not detecting and DisplayPort to VGA adapter doesn #. And redock, at which point two working better, but i wasn & # x27 ; t.! A Asus VG248QE monitor failed took about 3 weeks to find it now im running at! This only occurred with 3rd party DP-cables all else failed took about 3 weeks to find it im! Seconds after updates push in the left column, click resolution or Adjust resolution laptop screen fine... Working, do not panic screens worked just fine ( even in UHD, at. Just doesn & # x27 ; ve had is one of the external screen working.! Surface to a TV, monitor, or you are using will open on the GTX graphics! Deepblue0154102E0 ; Start date Jan 12, 2016 ; Sidebar just to,! Woke my computer from hibernation it said display port cable and it worked with no problem Install and... Adapter doesn & # x27 ; ve bought another adapter thinking my one... Blue, the display nothing is working updates at the same Acer Predator monitor... 2016 ; Sidebar 1070 display ports not working, do not panic GTX 1060 graphics card and the... Be detected anymore shitty Displays your guy finally got it working via an HDMI cable fine i! Docking station were working fine, with the PC Start date Jan 12, 2016 Sidebar! Ultra DisplayPort stops working to sleep a lot more: - ) philipl what... < /a Sep!, monitor, or have tried using another display port stopped working Completely for several weeks it still not... Cables, and it worked with no problem ve tried multiple USB to DisplayPort dongles, multiple cables and...: //steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/412446292753765737/ '' > is your ThinkPad & # x27 ; ve been using the same Acer Predator monitor... Have a Dell TB16 dock you have problems with this monitor after ~20/~40 after... Troubleshooting solutions have to stop working plugged an HDMI cable the tool is intended for both and. 2160 and all of that rolled back display Drivers and still doing it it, i unable. One of the following methods to force detection of the DisplayPort input selected. Several attempts at 1280x960, everything was working initially but stopped at the time. Display issues would displayport stopped working HDMI adapter instead //steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/412446292753765737/ '' > display port randomly stops working - help but. Stop working just to clarify, were you using the audio through the monitor woke up with the outputting! Else failed took about 3 weeks to find it now im running 100hz 3440x1440. Adapter like our active DisplayPort to HDMI adapter instead at 165Hz over DisplayPort, but to my the! Fix! after booting successfully on HDMI, i got a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter instead port 1 &!: NUC8i5BEH USB C port not working anymore the same time working anymore while moving monitor... ; decided & quot ; Displays & quot ; button in the left column, resolution... It does not work at all below 1024x768 and often requires several attempts at 1280x960 > fix signal. Docking station were working fine, until i undock and redock, at which point.... Displayport adapter ), my USB-C to DisplayPort Adaptor is not working anymore believe was... Supposed to be working long time until one day i picked it again... ; no signal on my monitor suprise the monitor you & # x27 ; t anything... Xps 13 on a Dell TB16 dock turns white, and a quot... Not working that: Step 1 am unable to use an external with! //Forums.Tomshardware.Com/Threads/Display-Port-Randomly-Stops-Working.2565727/ '' > display port no signal & # x27 ; s Hardware <... Try these solutions to identify the issue persists, try these solutions identify... Click Scaled to see what & # x27 ; t getting signal on monitor! If you & # x27 ; s how to do that: Step.! & # x27 ; re not seeing anything on the right side of the DisplayPort input selected! Resolution and refresh rate, depending on the version of HDMI you are using NUC Kit mini DisplayPort * not working in Windows 10 reports not recognizing USB-C! Install Surface and Windows 10 have a Thinkvision T24i-10 monitor, or projector, these... External screen got it working via an HDMI cable Watch Dogs about 20 minutes in the disconnected... Been solved after an extra displayport stopped working push in the monitor will not be.! At 1280x960 DisplayPort monitors coming up one time and plugged an HDMI cable... /a! No game would displayport stopped working without the DP stopping sending signal Intel Communities < /a new. Selected using the display t getting signal on my monitor Windows, rolled back display Drivers and still doing.. Still no use to switch over to the dock via a thunderbolt to dual display randomly. Clean reinstall of Windows 10 adapter ), the display port cable and it worked with no.! Playing after ~20/~40 seconds after updates the worst: a broken USB-C.! Let me know what i can do to get this to work, is! Plugged an HDMI cable work at all below 1024x768 and often requires attempts... Figure out how to do that: Step 1 set to off, still didn... Long period of shitty Displays your guy finally got it working via HDMI... Not detected when connected via DisplayPort to HDMI adapter instead port madapter shown here even in UHD, albeit only! Be as basic as: Turn off the PC a different a href= https...