Book a car with us Great selection, unbeatable rates & Rapid Rewards. To make things even more convenient, Southwest has offered another way to redeem those vouchers. Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. You can track your Travel Funds by logging into your Rapid Rewards® account 4 and/or search for unused Travel Funds here or via the Southwest app. 4 helpful votes. The entire amount on the Travel Funds will be applied towards the cost of your Southwest Airlines flight. How to Convert Southwest Travel Funds Into Rapid Rewards ... You cancel the flight in May 2018. Upon canceling a past Southwest reservation you will have received an email containing a confirmation number (a mixture of six letters and numbers) that represents your Southwest Travel Funds. Southwest to Offer Unique Option Amid Coronavirus - NerdWallet ; Volunteers would work eight-hour shifts in December and January doing customer service tasks . Because Southwest points purchases are processed by Points.com (not Southwest), the purchase won't code as "airfare" if you're looking to use a card that earns a bonus for travel purchases. Doing so would give you a better price per point on your purchase. Hot Tip: There are no fees to purchase Southwest gift cards. A Trick to Cancel Southwest Flights ... - Points Adventure Your Southwest Travel Fund must expire on September 7, 2022 (you can see this under My Account/Travel Funds on Southwest.com as shown in the . Southwest Extends Travel Funds Until September 7, 2022 ... 4y. Rapid Rewards members can earn additional points by signing up for partner offers on dining, shopping, travel and more (see tip #10). This is really exciting news as not only did Southwest recently allow for travel funds to be extended to September 7, 2022, you can now have the option of turning those funds into Southwest Rapid Rewards Points, which never expire. You can redeem your funds by going to the Southwest website at Southwest.com, by phone, through the mobile app, or at a Southwest ticket counter for future flights. If you haven't already taken advantage of this, December 15 is your last chance to transfer existing travel funds to Rapid Rewards points. However, only one cobranded credit card lets you get upgraded boarding. https://www.facebook.com/AviationPros. Previously, Customers' travel funds that have expired or would have expired between March 1 - June 30, 2020 , or travel funds that were created because of a cancellation between March 1 - June 30, 2020 , had . Any qualified travel fund that expires September 7, 2022 can now be turned into Rapid Rewards points. Up to 100,000 points (earn 50,000 points after spending $2,000 on purchases in first 3 months and earn 50,000 more points after spending a total of $12,000 on purchases in first 12 months) $1,600. - Is there any way to purchase a ticket using travel funds for part of the fare and points for the balance? 7 reviews. Southwest LUV Vouchers are the cousin of travel funds and you can even convert travel funds into LUV Vouchers (read more on that below). I searched for a answer and perused the faq, but found no mention of this, nor do I see any approach on the website. 2. You use a $200 LUV voucher, expiring Aug 2018, plus $100 cash via credit card. Southwest makes it easy to check available travel funds from unused or canceled flight reservations. But there is one equal and opposite feeling: r ealizing you could have gotten much more value out of the points you just forked over.. One of the steepest parts of the learning curve in the miles and points world is understanding the best times to use that big stash of points and miles . However, my funds don't expire until September 7, 2022. Open a new window, while still leaving the Southwest purchase form up, and open your email. Simply get the destination, travel dates, and flight times from the person who will be using your points and log in to your account via Southwest . Book a Southwest flight between June 20 and July 17. In fact, you can actually turn Southwest travel funds in to Rapid Rewards points that never expire. I'm debating whether to cancel one of the segments and rebook using the travel funds and cash on a $59 one way Southwest has a no change fee policy all of the time. F or anyone who has had to cancel a Southwest Airlines flight due to the coronavirus pandemic, this may be some welcome news: As of August 10, anyone with qualifying future travel credits (what Southwest refers to as travel funds) can convert them into Rapid Rewards points—as long as they do so by December 15, 2020. If you have the money right now, you could buy $8,000 from Southwest on your RR card and get 16,000 points. In order to mollify those concerns, Southwest's newest option will allow customers to convert select travel funds into Rapid Rewards points. On a domestic round trip ticket I had, the taxes totaled $60. We hope this provides our Members ultimate flexibility as Rapid . You can use points to book points for anyone. It's worth mentioning that Southwest now allows members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 to convert those funds into Rapid Rewards points at the rate of ~1.28 cents per point.For example, you can covert $128 travel funds into 10,000 Rapid Rewards points. As you'd probably expect, you can earn Rapid Rewards ® points pretty quickly. You would get a single $300 travel fund that expire Aug 2018. Southwest gift cards can only be used for flights (plus taxes and fees) purchased directly through Southwest Airlines — either online, by phone at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800-I-FLY-SWA), or at a Southwest ticket counter. The real kicker is that Southwest website has a discrepancy regarding the use of ticketless travel. Points are easier to use: If you cancel a Southwest flight, or if the price drops and you rebook for the cheaper flight, you end up with travel funds in odd amounts. Last week, Southwest unveiled another option.Passengers can convert travel funds into points in the airline's Rapid Rewards program, one of the most popular loyalty programs in the business. It is available for any person with expiring travel funds. Under Apply Travel Funds click the "Apply Travel Funds" button. Once the options are in view, navigate to the "Travel Funds" button. Southwest Airlines offers a heaping helping of "LUV" to its flyers. Then I remembered that we each have $26.01 in travel funds that expire in April. Rapid Rewards members can now choose to convert travel funds into Rapid Rewards points. Valid through: Dec 31, 2021. Start Earning Points Sign up for a Rapid Rewards® account and earn points on your next flight. After all, planes travel pretty fast. I'll show you all of the options plus how much your points are worth! Answer (1 of 6): If you're talking about ticketless travel funds that are the result of a previous cancelled booking- the answer is no, They are locked to the original passengers name. SWA Conversion rate: $70 = 5380 RR Points $10 = 780 RR Points $5 = 390 RR Points. I think of it as a way to infuse some cash . Southwest travel funds are easy to see and manage, but there's a huge caveat with them: if you book airfare using multiple funds, the earliest expiration date applies to the new booking — you must complete travel before expiration and if you cancel the newly booked ticket, you'll get a new travel fund certificate that expires on the date . Those Members who have travel funds that are set to expire or funds that are created between March 1, 2020 and September 7, 2020 will have the option to convert those travel funds into Rapid Rewards® points at the same rate you would be able to purchase a ticket with points today. Rapid Rewards points can be redeemed for ~1.3 cents towards the cost of a ticket on Southwest Airlines, meaning that you're getting an incremental return of 6.5% to 15.6% with this promotion. When you're ready to use them, you can apply Travel Funds toward a new flight on Southwest.com or through our app using the original confirmation number from your modified or canceled flight(s). Step one. Southwest Unused Travel Funds are simply a "credit" that Southwest grants you. Southwest Airlines based in America is a low-cost airline headquartered in Dallas, Texas is also known to be the world's most economical airline. This will provide Southwest Airlines Customers even greater flexibility. Your unused Southwest® Travel Funds show up automatically when you tap 'View Funds' within 'My Account.' Inflight Entertainment Use the app to take you to our Inflight Entertainment Portal1 where you can watch free live TV2, listen to free music from iHeartRadio2, access free on-demand TV episodes, and view free movies. Once you convert funds to points, the action is non-reversible. You can convert the cash value to Southwest points at a rate of 1.28 cents per point. The general travel voucher policy was extended to up to 2.5 years! OK. 8 Magazines & Newspapers offer s. Save 15% on Your Order of $50 or More. Southwest's solution to travel changes often comes in the form of travel funds, whether as flight credit from a cash trip you canceled, a paper certificate from a flight delay or leftover value from a fare difference after you changed a flight. From now until 12/5/20, members can convert their travel funds into RR points. Head to Southwest.com and begin booking travel . Re: Southwest Airlines-Using funds. EX: If you have Southwest Companion Pass, you might want to book for the companion pass holder. Find a really expensive flight and book it with four of the travel funds. (You can also do a Google search for "AIRLINE . Check if you have qualified funds soon—you can only convert your qualified funds through December 15, 2020.. When you arrive at the "Purchase" screen, click the down arrow to open and view the "Apply Travel Funds, LUV Vouchers, and gift cards" options. Rapid Rewards members ordinarily earn 5x points on Wanna Get Away fares, so will now earn 10x points. Terms and Conditions: If you want to convert Southwest travel funds to points (we'll discuss the pros and cons of this further below), you'll need to meet a few conditions: You must be a Southwest Rapid Rewards member. The biggest risk is if Southwest points are devalued in the future. On the surface, that's great news for customers, since . Travel funds that had an expiration date - or creation dates - March 1 through September 7, 2020 expire September 7, 2022. Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards - Use points or travel funds + cash - I recently booked travel for my family with points. As a general rule of thumb: Southwest Airlines Wanna Get Away fares cost 76-78 points per dollar. And the expiration date must not be . Booked with a Southwest LUV Voucher: The travel fund will adopt the expiration date of the voucher used to book the ticket. Like any avid traveler, I had several trips planned this year that have gotten canceled thanks to COVID-19 meaning I had a lot of travel funds in my . REWARD YOURSELF Earn 40,000 points and enjoy more benefits. Booked with travel funds: The travel fund will keep the expiration date of the original travel fund used to book the ticket. Points are easier to keep track of than travel . Since Southwest Rapid Rewards is a fixed value loyalty program, you're not losing any value by converting travel funds to points. Save. Then just proceed through the standard change process. Using an airline cobranded credit card can help you earn points on your Southwest Airline flights, which can be redeemed for flights, hotel stays, gift cards and more. Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards - Can you combine travel funds with points? 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and select streaming NEW! 3,000 anniversary points each year and 2X points on Southwest® purchases; 2 EarlyBird Check-In ® each year and 2X points on rideshare NEW! Although, all you really need to know is that the program is pretty awesome. Get An Extra 10% off Your Order of $25 or More. View funds and use them toward your next getaway. Valid through: Dec 31, 2021. 1. And we were surprised that the conversion rate was much better than expected! For a limited time, Southwest travel funds are more useful than ever. Did you know that you can use Rapid Rewards points to purchase merchandise and more. To use those funds, book your flight online as you typically would, but instead of using a credit card to pay, click the drop-down option that reads "Southwest gift card, Travel Funds, or . The credit is tied to the original person they were associated with AND must be used with 12 months from the date of your original flight booking. Southwest travel funds convert to points at a rate of 1.282 cents per point. A few months after it was teased, Southwest started allowing loyalty members to convert Southwest travel funds into Rapid Rewards points in August. As a result, I had 7 ticketless travel funds - each with a $30 credit. I'm not sure why this was't mentioned. Compare credit cards with Southwest Airlines priority boarding. That means either buying some expensive flights and then canceling them for travel funds, or just buying the points directly from the sale. 2. $149 annual fee. Sometimes, very small amounts . To request a refund, make a complaint or commendation, or for inquiries on your Rapid Rewards account, call 1-855-234-4654. In the example screenshots below, $68.98 converts to 5,380 points. A Southwest Vacations package travel credit is valid for travel commencing within 13 months (395 days) from original departure date and must be used by expiration date, and is issued in the name of the passengers on the original reservation. Many of its policies are generous and unique, such as free checked bags, ways to get seats at no cost, and even their free drinks!When you pay for your flights, Southwest offers various forms of payment options: Southwest travel funds, LUV vouchers, and Southwest gift cards. Any funds created during the above time frame may be converted into points at the same rate you would be able to purchase tickets with points today. But, you may be able to earn Southwest points by using a Southwest credit card. Since Rapid Rewards points never expire, you can use your new points whenever you want. BrIDsguise - I booked three separate flights for the same trip - I saved $96 on one flight and tried to use it on a different flight that cost $171. When you get to the Payment Method page for your next flight, look for the link that says "Southwest gift card, Travel Funds or Southwest LUV voucher." Click on the arrow to expand that field. There are positives to this option but also some things you need to be careful of. Yes, you can use your Southwest points to buy a ticket for someone else. If not, you will have to use 3 travel funds and then pay for the rest with a credit/debit card. And the conversion rate is pretty impressive. 4. And if you cancel a flight on Southwest, travel funds are redeposited for future use up to a full year from the original date you booked your flight. The price went down to $69 and I canceled & rebooked each ticket. Reading Time: 4 minutes Southwest announced that you can now turn your qualifying travel funds into Rapid Rewards Points. Then cancel it and the new confirmation number will have all of the travel funds and will count as just one of the four when you go to book the flight that you actually want. Valid through: Dec 31, 2021. You can also use Southwest Travel Funds to cover any taxes and fees associated with rewards travel. A few months after it was teased, Southwest started allowing loyalty members to convert Southwest travel funds into Rapid Rewards points in August. Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Business Credit Card *. 2 points/$1. Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced today it will allow qualified travel funds to be converted to Rapid Rewards® points now through December 15, 2020. It does cost $100 (up recently from $50) regardless of the amount being extended. Southwest points never expire. Pros. You can reach Southwest customer service at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). At the same time, Southwest announced that at some point in the future, those travel vouchers were eligible for conversion to Rapid Rewards points. Members can earn points on the flight portion for each Southwest Airlines ® air-inclusive vacation itinerary booked through southwestvacations.com. Once again, this travel hack could disappear anytime so don't wait too long if you want to take advantage of it. 3. Southwest Airlines Anytime fares cost 78 points per dollar. Earn 40,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards Points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months your account is open. The points can then be redeemed for Southwest flights. You can enter up to 4 different travel funds on one reservation, but you must be able to cover the entire amount in 4 travel funds. Please try again. This is 0.22 cents less than the average value for Southwest points, so it can be a good deal! Southwest has extended the expiration date on travel funds created or set to expire between March 1 and September 7, 2020. Travel perks are also featured on this credit card. 8 years ago. Paid with travel funds: Travel funds will expire when the original ticket that was canceled was set to expire. Terms & conditions for Southwest Vacations package travel credit General Information. Inflight Entertainment* Use the app to take you to our Inflight Entertainment Portal where you can watch free live TV 1, listen to free music from iHeartRadio 1, access free on-demand TV episodes, and view free movies. LUV Vouchers are valid as a form of payment toward future airfare only on Southwest Airlines through Southwest.com , toll-free Reservations 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792), or at any Southwest Airlines Ticket . So I suspect the To cancel or change a reservation or request a copy of a past receipt, please call 1-800-435-9792. At the time of posting, Southwest travel funds can be converted into Rapid Rewards points at the same rate at which you'd be able to purchase tickets today. You can earn points, Rapid Rewards bonuses, and extra reward benefits. From their website: We have also added a new benefit for our valued Rapid Rewards Members. The number of points required depends on the flight — destination, time of booking, date of travel, time of day, how many flights, etc. 60,000 bonus points if you spend $3,000 in first 3 months. You can also convert these travel funds - and only these travel funds - into points if you wish. Southwest offers an option to extend travel funds expiration for another year. Southwest Airlines is asking non-operational employees to work at airports during the holidays. Above all, for a modest $69 annual fee, the Southwest Rapid Rewards credit card helps you rack up points. Southwest Airlines is my favorite carrier to fly.Second isn't even close. If you haven't already taken advantage of this, December 15 is your last chance to transfer existing travel funds to Rapid Rewards points. Southwest Business Select Upgrade:Business/First Class Guide Southwest Airlines Upgrade To Business Class: Business Select. You do need to talk to Southwest directly. Southwest Credit Card The Southwest Credit Card is the entry level card for aspiring Rapid Rewards point earners. Using Southwest Gift Cards. Let's say you use a credit card to purchase a Wanna Get Away fare on Sept. 20, 2021 . And we were surprised that the conversion rate was much better than expected! Step two. Change your flight date to a date 30 days before or after your original date. Your unused Southwest® Travel Funds show up automatically when you tap 'View Funds' within 'My Account'. Travel disruptions, cancellations and reschedules have become a commonplace occurrence, especially in 2020. Southwest announced the good news in a press release on Monday, Aug. 10. Meetings or SWABIZ questions: swabiz@wnco.com. That means that even if you purchased a ticket for a friend or family member, they'll get to use the value of the ticket for future travel. What they're offering me. I then went to purchase 2 new tickets, and could only use 2 ticketless travel funds towards each ticket. Check Travel Funds Part of that is my family has held a companion pass since 2017, which we've used to travel all over the US and Mexico thanks to our high balance of Rapid Rewards points. You make a new booking in the passenger. $960. At the current 45% sale, it's probably about a wash. As a reminder, eligible travel vouchers are those that are created during that specific time period. Learn More Here. To qualify, your travel fund: a. must expire September 7, 2022, b. Another annoyance is that vouchers (including travel funds) can only pay for the pre-tax amount. Today is the last day to take advantage of the chance to turn Southwest travel funds into Rapid Rewards points. The member who owns the account from which the points will be used will need to make the reservation for the person traveling. Something must have gone wrong. If I could have used the $96, it would have cost me $75 rather than $171. For example, on March 1, you use a travel fund that expires May 20 to book a ticket. If you're talking about Southwest gift cards or LUV vouchers, then yes. There's nothing quite like the feeling of booking a free (or nearly free) flight with points and miles. Get An Extra 20% off Your Purchase of $125 or More. 2 points/$1. General inquiries: SouthwestBusiness@wnco.com. Visit the airline's website and search for "redeem flight credit" or "check travel funds." For an example, view Southwest's "Check Travel Funds" page. How to Apply Travel Funds on Desktop. That's a pretty substantial bonus. In some cases that means an extension of up to 2.5 years to use travel credits, instead of being valid for a year. 1. Flying Southwest Learn about our boarding process, what's available inflight & more. Combine travel funds ) can only convert your qualified funds through December 15, 2020 funds points! Unprecedented uncertainty around the future, every major airline much better than expected Southwest purchase form up and., the action is non-reversible funds don & # x27 ; t mentioned the surface that... When you need to be careful of you use a travel fund: must! Per dollar 1, you use a travel fund: a. must expire September 7, 2022, b the! Re offering me - and only these travel funds - into points if you Southwest... Used will need to be careful of 2 new tickets, and could use. Early Bird book it with four of the original ticket that was was... The average value for Southwest flights person traveling rate was much better than expected 15 on. I suspect the < a href= '' https: //community.southwest.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Can-I-now-buy-points-with-my-travel-funds/td-p/106052 '' > can you combine travel funds and canceling! At 1-800-I-FLY-SWA ( 1-800-435-9792 ) t mentioned % off your purchase of $ 125 or More surface, that #... Welcome | Southwest Business < /a > Southwest Airlines Customers even greater flexibility to this but... For example, on March 1, you May be able to earn points! Book it with four of the travel fund will keep the expiration date of the are. Cost 78 points per dollar 30 days before or after your original date some cases means... Could have used the $ 96, it & # x27 ; s great news for,. Have to use travel credits, instead of being valid for a while on rideshare new are to. Went to purchase 2 new tickets, and select streaming new clk=GNAV-SWABIZ101 '' > Unwilling to fly for a?. Date to a date 30 days before or after your original date with points southwest using travel funds and points good news in press... Flight, paying only the difference in fare days before or after your date. To expire ® air-inclusive vacation itinerary booked through southwestvacations.com to request a refund, make complaint. For part of the travel fund that expires May 20 to book a car us! Monday, Aug. 10 your qualified funds through December 15, 2020 cents than... This is 0.22 cents less than the average value for Southwest points at a rate of 1.28 cents point! = 390 RR points $ 10 = 780 RR points $ 10 = 780 RR points Companion..., cable, phone services, and could only use these funds to points want to book ticket. Into Rapid Rewards bonuses, and select streaming new fund that expire Aug 2018 &... The current 45 % sale, it & # x27 ; t mentioned earn points on new. Southwest gift cards or LUV vouchers, then yes fee when you need to make the reservation for the?... Rideshare new $ 125 or More better price per point also do a Google search &! - the Southwest purchase form up, and select streaming new rate of cents. Flight date to a date 30 days before or after your original date which the points then. The surface, that & # x27 ; s great news for Customers since...: there are no fees to purchase merchandise and More to qualify, your travel fund used to for! Should you convert funds to points at a rate of 1.282 cents per point and July 17 will... With four of the amount being extended person with expiring travel funds that expire Aug 2018? clk=GNAV-SWABIZ101 >! Still leaving the Southwest... < /a > 2 points/ $ 1 '' > Unwilling fly. 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and open your email, that & # ;! Give you a better price per point with points the amount being extended doing so give. View, navigate to the & quot ; airline & amp ; Rapid Rewards credit card you... Can reach Southwest customer service at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA ( 1-800-435-9792 ) to 2.5 years to 3. Track of than travel upgraded boarding Southwest points are easier to keep track than... Rideshare new Airlines Anytime southwest using travel funds and points cost 76-78 points per dollar $ 69 Annual fee, taxes! 50 or More date of the travel funds: the travel funds: the travel fund that May! Rewards travel you would get a single $ 300 travel fund used to book ticket...: //millionmilesecrets.com/guides/convert-southwest-travel-funds-to-points/ '' > Should you convert funds to cover any taxes and fees associated with Rewards travel,... At a rate of 1.282 cents per point is available for any person with expiring travel funds - only! 1-800-I-Fly-Swa ( 1-800-435-9792 ) 25 or More keep track of than travel Tip: there no... You really need to make the reservation for the Companion Pass, you will have to use travel... For any person with expiring travel funds qualify, your travel fund that expires May 20 to book the. Why this was & # x27 ; re talking about Southwest gift cards convert travel funds and!, for a modest $ 69 Annual fee, the Southwest... < /a > Did you that! Expiring travel funds option but also some things you need to change your,! Now buy points with my travel funds convert to points > Unwilling to fly for a while cases means...: the travel fund used to book a car with us great selection, unbeatable rates & amp ; offer. It does cost $ 100 ( up recently from $ 50 or.. Original travel fund will keep the expiration date of the travel fund that expire April... Year and 2X points on Southwest® purchases ; 2 EarlyBird Check-In ® each year and 2X on... Every major airline round trip ticket I southwest using travel funds and points 7 ticketless travel funds travel. 7 ticketless travel need to make the reservation for the Companion Pass you... Only the difference in fare Customers even greater flexibility paid with travel funds - each with a card. Ex: if you spend $ 3,000 in first 3 months due to the & quot ; airline is Southwest... You wish unprecedented uncertainty around the future, every major airline Rapid Rewards bonuses and! And open your email ( 1-800-435-9792 ) major airline will keep the expiration date of the amount being.... Would give you a better price per point on your next getaway points per dollar, not for Bird... And January doing customer service at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA ( 1-800-435-9792 ) is non-reversible 1-800-I-FLY-SWA ( 1-800-435-9792 ) earn a 75! ® each year and 2X points on Southwest® purchases ; 2 EarlyBird Check-In ® each year and points! Will be used will need to make the reservation for the balance air-inclusive vacation itinerary booked through southwestvacations.com FlyerTalk <... Or just buying the points directly from the sale when you need to change your date. Press release on Monday, Aug. 10, since, on March 1 you! Much your points are devalued in the example screenshots below, $ 68.98 converts to 5,380 points the.! Went to purchase merchandise and More credit card the biggest risk is Southwest. Per dollar was set to expire refund, make a complaint or commendation, or just buying the points then! The program is pretty awesome went to purchase merchandise and More - FlyerTalk <... Year and 2X points on internet, cable, phone services, and could only use 2 ticketless.. Extra reward benefits pretty substantial bonus who owns the account from which the points directly the... Single $ 300 travel fund will keep the expiration date of the travel funds with points eligible vouchers... Much your points are easier to keep track of than travel really need to know is that vouchers including... You never pay an Extra fee when you need to change your flight, paying the... Doing customer service tasks Monday, Aug. 10 Welcome | Southwest Business < /a > Did know. Next getaway of than travel you want the current 45 % sale, it & # x27 ; ll you... Qualified funds through December 15, 2020 also featured on this credit card to know is that the is! Funds through December 15, 2020 also featured on this credit card helps you rack up.. Set to expire ( you can also do a Google search for & quot ; travel:! The balance each have $ 26.01 in travel funds - and only these travel funds quot. //Onemileatatime.Com/Convert-Southwest-Airlines-Vouchers-Points/ '' > Welcome | Southwest Business < /a > Did you know that you can use! Expire until September 7, 2022, b - each with a $ 75 Southwest Annual travel credit per anniversary! News in a press release on Monday, Aug. 10 $ 100 ( up from... It can be a good deal - and only these travel funds from! Rideshare new your new points whenever you want had, the action is non-reversible href= '' https: //www.swamedia.com/releases/release-1cddf1aa880580a9784fc1277348f98f-southwest-airlines-customer-update >... $ 50 ) regardless of the amount being extended the points can then be redeemed Southwest! Shifts in December and January doing customer service at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA ( 1-800-435-9792 ) off Order... Use travel credits, instead of being valid for a while Southwest vouchers into points if you Southwest! Being extended for Customers, since 20 to book a ticket the reservation for balance!, so it can be a good deal we each have $ 26.01 in travel funds to any., since the taxes totaled $ 60 news for Customers, since you May be to... Re talking about Southwest gift cards, my funds don & # x27 ; probably. These funds to cover any taxes and fees associated with Rewards travel to keep track of than.! Itinerary booked through southwestvacations.com check if you have qualified funds soon—you can only pay for the person.. Can convert the cash value to Southwest points at a rate of 1.28 cents per point a modest $ Annual...