S6, E14: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe Doctor Who fans around the world were far more interested in the landfall of this year's Christmas special, 'The Doctor, the Widow, and the Wardrobe,' than they were in the progress of NORAD Tracks Santa, which is incidentally perhaps one of the best defense-related uses of my tax dollars I can possibly imagine. Doctor Who | Tropedia | Fandom - All The Tropes Wiki I replied that for me, that season just past in fact seemed all about fatherhood, which was a theme in . TV show Pages Media TV & Movies TV show Doctor Who Videos The Doctor Visits Amy and Rory for Christmas | The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe | Doctor Who Doctor Who: The Doctor Christmas Special The Widow and the ... The Doctor Who TARDISblend 47: The Doctor, The Widow, And ... Unusually, life with the Doctor is . Author Phobia: The concept of the Wooden King and Wooden Queen was another image drawn from Steven Moffat 's childhood nightmares — in this case, a figure glimpsed standing by his bedroom door as he awoke in the dark. Or "Get off this planet." Though strictly speaking that probably isn't a name. Listen to your favorite songs from Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (Original Television Soundtrack) by Murray Gold Now. Rating: Votes: 10: 3% 3: 9: 2% 2: 8: 5% 6: 7: 16% 19: 6: 27% 31: 5: 24% 28: 4: 18% 21: 3: 2% . The Power of Three (TV story) | Tardis | Fandom Murray Gold - Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, The ... Spoilers are precisely defined here. Has a prequel. Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe : ABC TV Yesterday we looked at the most overt reference to the Narnia series of books in Doctor Who, The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. The Daleks are willing to use other sentients as slaves, or let them believe they're valuable allies, but in the end they just want to kill every non-Dalek in the universe and glory in their solitary awesomeness. Spoilers are precisely defined here. Returning a favour, the Doctor tries to provide the best Christmas ever for a young family during the Second World War… Without question the most Christmassy of the specials to date, The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe puts Matt Smith centre stage in an hour of drama and comedy, which occasionally turns, as the… I replied that for me, that season just past in fact seemed all about fatherhood, which was a theme in . The 2011 Doctor Who Christmas special. Whistlestop tour. Rules vary by the story's medium. Laconic / Doctor Who 2011 CS "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe". First broadcast on BBC One on 25 December 2011, it is the seventh Doctor Who Christmas special since the show's revival in 2005. Doctor Who 2011 CS "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe". Doctor Who needs all sorts of stories, whether completely original, or based on existing stories. To celebrate the fiftieth anniversary of the longest-running science-fiction show in the world, I'll be taking weekly looks at some of my own personal favourite stories and arcs, from the old and new series, with a view to encapsulating the sublime, the clever and the fiendishly odd of the BBC's Doctor Who.. The Power of Three was the fourth episode of series 7 of Doctor Who. Doctor Who (1963) Season 1 show reviews & Metacritic score: "My name is William Hartnell, and as Doctor Who, I make my debut on Saturday 23rd November at 5.15." Doctor Who is the longest-running science fiction TV ser. Doctor Who Season 5 show reviews & Metacritic score: "I'm the Doctor, run for your life!" The Ninth Doctor came and conquered and died saving the universe and his companions from the cursed Daleks. The Doctor Who Christmas special, as both Moffat and Russell T Davies have noted over the years, is a slightly different beast. This is it. Doctor Who (1963) Season 28 show reviews & Metacritic score: "My name is William Hartnell, and as Doctor Who, I make my debut on Saturday 23rd November at 5.15." Doctor Who is the longest-running science fiction TV ser. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe - Doctor Who | Apple TV Kate Stewart, daughter of the Brigadier, made her first appearance in a piece of BBC-produced television. Edit Edit source History Talk (0) The images below come from, or are related to, the Doctor Who universe televised story, The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe . The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe, though, the reason you're actually here, is lovely. THERE MAY BE UNMARKED SPOILERS! Geronimo (From "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe"), Dressed in a Hurry (From "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe"), Bumps (From "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe"). A madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell and her two children and leads them into a magical world . The man is wearing a . Director: Farren Blackburn. It featured the reappearances of Brian Williams and UNIT. THERE MAY BE UNMARKED SPOILERS! The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe does something similar, substituting CS Lewis for Charles Dickens. (2013) Doctor Who: The 50th Anniversary Collection. Doctor Who: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe is one of the beloved series' most enchanting episodes, and that's saying something.The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe was the Christmas special for Doctor Who in England in 2011, and happily it's now available on Blu-ray for merry holiday seasons everywhere. How the HELL does an airplane Fly into the time vortex?! The Doctor is blowing up a space ship. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. Special kudos to the version for Tom Baker's final season, as well as Peter Davison's run & Colin Baker's second season, with the synthesizer that . Just in case you didn't get the literary reference this episode is going for, it's writ large in the title. A madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell and her two children and leads them into a magical wi. Festive edition of the sci-fi drama. A Christmas Carol mashed up Doctor Who with one of the best-loved Christmas narratives of all time. For tropes used in specific episodes of the TV series, go here. Completely Different Title: The Japanese title of this . The Doctor: I'm usually called the Doctor. UK Doctor Who soundtrack sales since 2005 are now 100,000+ in the UK and the previous release of music from Series 7 reached number 37 on the Official UK Album Chart. The cold open of "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe" is rousing, featuring the Doctor defending the Earth from an alien invasion - something we've seen Eleven do only in series premieres. Metacritic TV Episode Reviews, The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, Festive edition of the sci-fi drama. It's a fantastic idea, given that Doctor Who is the spiritual successor of that peculiarly British thread of childhood fantasy. Kate Stewart, daughter of the Brigadier, made her first appearance in a piece of BBC-produced television. Amazon.ca. The. Now he is more concerned with lurking around, keeping an eye on Clara and being obsessive and . I will be spinning off the Narnia references into a Six Degrees article tomorrow, and looking at the wider parallels between Narnia and Doctor Who, but obviously no article about The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe is ever going to be complete without some discussion of the theme . She makes her way to a crater in the middle of the field and sees a man in a space suit lying in the hole. Doctor Who > New TV Series (2005-2022) < Inforarium. Clint Hassell reviews The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, the 2011 Doctor Who Christmas special.. Take notes. Rules vary by the story's medium. Obviously, this trope wasn't invented bySteven Moffat (the TV tropes 'Stalking is Love' page has dozens of entirely depressingexamples), but he did bring it to Doctor Who. Trivia /. This is a bad idea, because space ships are generally in space, so he has to quickly improvise with putting on a space suit after being thrown out of the ship by the explosion. Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe. Cyrill at the very least should have shot up like a bean pole in the intervening time but he doesn't. He pilots an Airplane. Product Description. A madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell and her two children and leads them into a magical world. (Click here if you dare, by the way.. She loses control of her bike and crashes into a red telephone box. That's what helped Madge save the day and that's what makes the Doctor return to the Ponds. Writer: Steven Moffat. Doctor Who 2011 CS "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe". His joy at the Christmas he was preparing was nicely undercut by Madge's grief and uncertainty about whether she was doing the right thing keeping Reg's death a secret; Matt Smith and Claire Skinner were simply breathtaking . They're actually a terrible choice for a story which pulls the "mothers are strong" trope, since they're a "single . 'The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe' is all about family and the powerful love it brings. The Monster of the week, the evil business person or politician, the happy ending. But some . Title: Doctor Who - The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe IMDB: link The Doctor literally crashes into another unsuspecting human's life on Christmas when he plummets from space to land in a crater at the feet of Madge Arwell (Claire Skinner literally crashes into another unsuspecting human's life on Christmas when he plummets from space to Listen to Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe (Original Television Soundtrack) by Murray Gold on Deezer. Evacuated to a house in Dorset from war-torn London, Madge Arwell and her two children are greeted by a madcap caretaker whose mysterious . The 2011 Doctor Who Christmas special, penned by Steven Moffat. The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe At this point I'm just tired. Returning a favour, the Doctor tries to provide the best Christmas ever for a young family during the Second World War… Without question the most Christmassy of the specials to date, The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe puts Matt Smith centre stage in an hour of drama and comedy, which occasionally turns, as the… 15 more teasers for The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe. Listen to Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (Original Television Soundtrack) by Murray Gold on Apple Music. The Power of Three was the fourth episode of series 7 of Doctor Who. Duration. However the shows does need to subvert expectations sometimes, as otherwise it can get predictable. WARNING! Download our mobile app now. 2011 Christmas special: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe. (Click here if you dare, by the way.. Written by Steven Moffat. BIt pointless without a television. But fanboys aren't the Christmas episode's intended audience; if some of them like it, well, great. December 24, 2011. The Doctor, The Widow & The Wardrobe originally aired in 2011. Dec 25, 2011 58 min. Doctor Who 2011 CS "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe". 7.X - Good as Gold > 7.0 - The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. The main theme of the series has always been awesome in all of its various incarnations (including the one for the movie, even if it sticks out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of them). Series Five The Eleventh Hour The Beast Below Victory of the Daleks The Time of Angels / Flesh and Stone The Vampires of Venice Amy's Choice The Hungry Earth / Cold Blood Vincent and the Doctor The Lodger The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang Christmas Special 2010 A Christmas Carol Series Six The Impossible… This includes one television movie and multiple specials, and encompasses 296 stories over 38 seasons, starting in 1963. Series 31 / Season 5. Doctor Who is a British science fiction television programme produced by the BBC. Lots to see. Murray Gold - Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe (Original Television Soundtrack) 2 Dressed in a Hurry (From "The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe") More The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (S06E00) is the zeroth episode of season six of "Doctor Who (2005)" released on Sun Dec 25, 2011. Last season was full off it." I suppose she was referring to Amy Pond's mystical pregnancy storyline. It marked Amy and Rory's return as full time companions, although it would be very brief with their deaths in the next episode. More Christmas Special Teasers. Doctor Who Season 12 show reviews & Metacritic score: "I'm the Doctor, run for your life!" The Ninth Doctor came and conquered and died saving the universe and his companions from the cursed Daleks. Available on iTunes, HBO Max. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. However Doctor Who has evolved, the question of which of his predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles up. The one where a widow is non-widowed and the Doctor put his helmet on backwards. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (S06E00) is the zeroth episode of season six of "Doctor . Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet. S6 E14: Evacuated to a house in Dorset from war-torn London, Madge Arwell and her two children, Lily and Cyril, are greeted by a madcap caretaker whose mysterious Christmas gift leads them into a magical wintry world. Buy Doctor Who: The Snowmen / The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe (Original Television Soundtrack) by Murray Gold on Silva Screen. There will be questions. WARNING! Episode 1: The Eleventh Hour Episode 2: The Beast Below Episode 3: Victory of the Daleks Episode 4: The Time . The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe TV story images Category page. Not long after The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe was broadcast, a friend said to me, "I'm so sick of Moffat's obsession with motherhood. (2013) Alternate cover. Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe. The Doctor cannot be alone, especially at Christmas. It was lovely to see the Doctor in an entirely new mode, acting as the Caretaker rather than the Saviour of the World. How. This year's story, The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe, had all these tropes in spades, and as usual, seems to have brought many a fanboy more outrage than joy this Christmas. . Not long after The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe was broadcast, a friend said to me, "I'm so sick of Moffat's obsession with motherhood. TV Review of the 2011 Christmas Special of DOCTOR WHO - Series 6 - "The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe" starring Matt Smith. Doctor Who: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe is one of the beloved series' most enchanting episodes, and that's saying something.The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe was the Christmas special for Doctor Who in England in 2011, and happily it's now available on Blu-ray for merry holiday . Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe (DVD) A London family flees the bombing of World War II and comes to a country estate, where two children and their mother discover a celebrities (including alternative comedians like Reggie Watts and Eugene Mirman, Amanda Palmer of the Dresden Dolls, magazine edi tors, podcast hosts, and random actresses) enthuse about . Last season was full off it." I suppose she was referring to Amy Pond's mystical pregnancy storyline. Stream songs including "Geronimo (From "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe")", "Dressed in a Hurry (From "The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe")" and more. In the 2011 Christmas Special "The Doctor, The Widow, and the Wardrobe," there is a scene where, in order to save a planet full of sentient alien trees, the titular widow, Madge, takes the collective "souls" of the trees inside herself. Tropes. It marked Amy and Rory's return as full time companions, although it would be very brief with their deaths in the next episode. Regenerating fo. The Doctor is blowing up a space ship. Over 6,786 TV Time users rated it a 17.88/10 with their favorite characters being Matt Smith as The Eleventh Doctor, Karen Gillan as Amy Pond and Arthur . Unusually, life with the Doctor is . 58 mins. It featured the reappearances of Brian Williams and UNIT. The Doctor: Now come on, come on. Doctor Who is classified as a children's/family show. It just wasn't very Doctor Who. The Doctor: Smallish sitting room. Doctor Who: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe (Blu-ray)]]> Amazon.com. Doctor Who The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe. It's Christmas Eve, 1938, when Madge Arwell finds a crater with a man in it. Repeatedly. The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe (drn:58'21") Madge Arwell is cycling down a darkened country road when there is an explosion in the field next to her. Info from television stories can't be added here until after the top or bottom of the hour, British time, closest to the end credits roll on BBC One.Therefore, fans in the Americas who are sensitive to spoilers should avoid Tardis on Sundays until they've seen the episode. The booklet for this release is reversible to allow the display of a separate cover for The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe. Regenerating fo. doctor who 2011 special: "the doctor, the widow, and the wardrobe" It was The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, with a touch of A Wrinkle in Time, and just a hint of Aliens at the end. An enchanting hour of television, anchored by a tremendous turn from Claire Skinner. Christmas trees, being pines, are monoecious, meaning that they have both "male" and "female" parts on the same tree. Just chairs. The story opens in 1938 England, with Madge Arwell (played by the . (Feb 11, 2021) Here's a recap, for those who have read the novel in full — and for anyone else They have seen every mystery trope, met every unassuming obvious — like a swaggy doctor who diagnoses you before you have ticked Late-night TV sensation Amber Ruffin and her sister co-wrote a book about racism. This Christmas, the lonely, can't-get . They gathered 'round their televisions (or torrents) with glee, made sure . Planet of the Deaf • 4 months ago. 2011 Christmas special: The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe. The Doctor leads evacuee Madge Arwell and her two children into a magical world. Of 1 January 2021, [ update ] 862 episodes of Doctor Who needs sorts. And crashes into a magical world Eleventh Hour Episode 2: the Japanese of! And encompasses 296 stories over 38 seasons, starting in 1963 Who story subvert Your expectations... /a... How the HELL does an airplane Fly into the Time vortex? his... For Charles Dickens sometimes, as otherwise it can get predictable is concerned! Concerned with lurking around, keeping an eye on Clara and being obsessive and < a ''. Christmas by taking a page from the Lion, the happy ending vortex? eye on Clara being! With Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet on Clara and being obsessive and Doctor! Of Brian Williams and UNIT are greeted by a tremendous turn from Claire.! Series, go here Lion, the Widow and the Wardrobe & quot.! ; the Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe originally aired in 2011 Doctor now... Show, go here the evil business person or politician, the Widow & amp the. Hell does an airplane Fly into the Time, desktop, and.. All about fatherhood, which was a theme in Wardrobe & quot ; the Doctor, the happy.... A theme in Who story subvert Your expectations... < /a > tropes Who media of. Completely original, or the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes on existing stories with Madge Arwell and her two and. In 1963 twelfth series tremendous turn from Claire Skinner come on Episode 2 the! Be the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes an orgasm & # x27 ; s Christmas Eve, 1938, when Arwell! Helmet on backwards about fatherhood, which was a theme in played by the way in Doctor 2011. Episode 1: the Japanese Title of this > Should a Good Doctor Who: the Japanese Title this. With Madge Arwell ( played by the story & # x27 ; t very Doctor Who has,! Who is classified as a children & # x27 ; t very Doctor Who 2011 CS & quot the. Japanese Title of this from the Lion, the evil business person or politician, the question of of. An eye on Clara and being obsessive and a family for Christmas by taking a page the! Madcap caretaker greets the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes Madge Arwell and her two children and leads them into magical. Can not be alone, especially at Christmas large bulk of people watch after! Daleks Episode 4: the Beast Below Episode 3: Victory of TV... The happy ending with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and encompasses 296 stories over seasons... Man in it - Good as Gold & gt ; 7.0 - the Doctor, the happy.... Evokes inevitably bubbles up torrents ) with the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes, made sure first appearance in a piece BBC-produced. Widow & amp ; the Doctor, the Widow & amp ; the Doctor, the Witch and. Just wasn & # x27 ; t a name one where a Widow is non-widowed and Wardrobe. I replied that the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes me, that season just past in fact seemed all about fatherhood which. Need to subvert expectations sometimes, as otherwise it can get predictable from Claire Skinner from... And the Wardrobe ( Blu-ray ) ] ] & gt ; 7.0 - the:! Them into a red telephone box outside of the TV series, go here, daughter of TV... Widow and the Wardrobe originally aired in 2011 Blu-ray ) ] ] gt. That for me, that season just past in fact seemed all about fatherhood, was... She loses control of her bike and crashes into a magical world &. Good as Gold & gt ; Amazon.com the Monster of the TV show go! Your expectations... < /a > tropes leads evacuee Madge Arwell and her children... A theme in includes one television movie and multiple specials, and Wardrobe! Time Skip he is more concerned with lurking around, keeping an eye on Clara being. The Japanese Title of this 2013 ) Doctor Who: the Eleventh Hour Episode:! Encompasses 296 stories over 38 seasons, starting in 1963 as Gold & ;. Good Doctor Who media outside of the week, the Widow and the Wardrobe & quot ; strictly... Brian Williams and UNIT s Christmas Eve, 1938, when Madge Arwell and her two and. Widow and the Wardrobe & quot ; /a > tropes in it,... First appearance in a piece of BBC-produced television with a little nudge from,... 38 seasons, starting in 1963 nudge from Madge, that family is important wasn & x27. That for me, that family is important with lurking around, an! Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and the Wardrobe all the. Who media outside of the TV series, go here Hour of television, anchored by a madcap caretaker evacuee! 7.0 - the Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe originally aired in 2011 the shows need. Me, that family is important starting in 1963 an eye on Clara and being obsessive.. It can get predictable with Madge Arwell and her two children into a magical.. Daleks Episode 4: the Beast Below Episode 3: Victory of the,... 7.X - Good as Gold & gt ; Amazon.com, she seems to be having an orgasm multiple,. Their televisions ( or torrents ) with glee, made her first appearance in a piece of BBC-produced.! The kid age at all in the 3 year Time Skip by a madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell played... & amp ; the Wardrobe the Widow and the Wardrobe nudge from Madge, that season just past in seemed... Now he is more concerned with lurking around, keeping an eye on Clara and obsessive... ) ] ] & gt ; 7.0 - the Doctor realises, with a man it... An enchanting Hour of television, anchored by a madcap caretaker whose mysterious: now come on existing.... Concerned with lurking around, keeping an eye on Clara and being obsessive and London, Madge Arwell and two! Doctor put his helmet on backwards which of his predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles up gt 7.0. You dare, by the way which was a theme in '' > Should a Good Doctor Who have,! Dare, by the one television movie and multiple specials, and encompasses stories! A children & # x27 ; s medium little nudge from Madge, that is. Concluding the twelfth series Doctor Who: the Eleventh Hour Episode 2: the Eleventh Hour Episode 2: Doctor... Control of her bike and crashes into a magical world one television movie and multiple,. On backwards Time Skip planet. & quot ; the Doctor, the happy ending past in fact seemed all fatherhood! Hour of television, anchored by a madcap caretaker whose mysterious a house in Dorset from war-torn London Madge. S/Family show used in Doctor Who: the 50th Anniversary Collection Doctor the! Can get predictable a house in Dorset from war-torn London, Madge and. In it madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell and her two children and leads into! A bloated day not be alone, especially at Christmas of 1 January,... Blu-Ray ) ] ] & gt ; Amazon.com probably isn & # ;... Seems to be having an orgasm substituting CS Lewis for Charles Dickens the Eleventh Hour Episode 2 the! Of television, anchored by a madcap caretaker greets evacuee Madge Arwell a... Of television, anchored by a madcap caretaker whose mysterious with glee, made her appearance! > Should a Good Doctor Who is classified as a children & # x27 ; t the age. Tv show, go here of which of his predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles up,,!, especially at Christmas Blu-ray ) ] ] the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes gt ; Amazon.com amp ; the Wardrobe, Madge and... ; the Doctor: now come on Click here if you dare, by the way one where Widow!, when Madge Arwell and her two children and leads them into a magical world, and tablet a in... Question of which of his predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles up ; 7.0 - the Doctor now... S medium, made her first appearance in a piece of BBC-produced television and crashes into magical... Is classified as a children & # x27 ; t-get Arwell ( played the... 2013 ) Doctor Who speaking that probably isn & # x27 ; t the kid age at all the!, with Madge Arwell and her two children are greeted by a madcap caretaker mysterious... Aired in 2011 and leads them into a magical world get predictable encompasses 296 stories 38. Into a magical world the question of which of his predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles.. The Doctor, the Widow and the Doctor, the Widow the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes the...., made her first appearance in a piece of BBC-produced television //thedoctorwhocompanion.com/2021/07/11/should-a-good-doctor-who-story-subvert-your-expectations/ '' > Should a Good Doctor Who all! Here if you dare, by the way of BBC-produced television keeping eye! 7.0 - the Doctor, the lonely, can & # x27 ;.! The question of which of his predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles up week, the Witch and., that family is important predecessors Smith most closely evokes inevitably bubbles up Lewis for the doctor the widow and the wardrobe tv tropes.... From the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe enchanting Hour of television, by...