While Ford has maintained that the Focus and Fiesta transmission problem does not pose a safety risk, in June of this year, the company recalled 123,000 2013 F-150 trucks because of a transmission . AS IS* TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS* 2012 silver Ford Focus SEL Clean title 160890 ish miles. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the. FUEL TYPE: GAS. Video shows me putting the car in reverse and hitting the gas and nothing happens. or Best Offer. Automatic Transmission Parts for 2012 for Ford Focus for ... Shudder And Vibration Sounds On Takeoff 67 Multiple Shifting Problems 60 Transmission Failure 44 Hesitation In Lower. May 01, 2012. Location: CarMax Irvine in Irvine, California 92618. Used 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan 4D Prices | Kelley Blue Book the Passenger front seat . The problems experienced by owners of the 2012 Ford Focus during the first 90-days of ownership. The good news? . I used to drive a vw golf tdi but it got a lil old and run down. Ford Focus Transmission Problems & Solutions . Title in hands. Sort of silly you buy a new car & it is fine,then at the first repair your told nonsense Trans shops, if you went there, usually don't know much about the cars systems or work on anything else Claim a Ford Focus Transmission Warranty [Pro Tips] The most common cause for this problem is a leaking clutch seal, which may require a full clutch replacement if the issue isn't caught soon enough. 2012 Ford Focus SEL - i.g. Recall no. At The Patrick Dealer Group we offer a great selection of pre-owned Ford Hatchbacks for sale in the greater Chicago area. After several months noticed issues with the transmission. '05 Saleen Focus, '17 Focus RS. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle shook and became unstable. Transmission | Ford Focus Forum - Ford Focus News and ... 2012 Ford Focus, 5-Door Hatchback 2012 Volvo S80 3.2L Premier Plus, 4-Door Sedan w/Moonroof 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-In Advanced, 5-Door Hatchback (Natl) 2012 Acura TL Tech Automatic Transmission, 4-Door Sedan 2-Wheel Drive Customer Ratings 2.5 out of 5 stars 124 5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Edmunds has a detailed expert review of the 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan. Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM) SEL 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6AM) SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M) S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M) Everything on Titanium. $. Transmission problems plagued the 2012 Ford Focus. 2006 Ford Focus. 2012 Ford Fusion Delayed Shifts. Overall the vehicle just feels incredibly unsafe and unreliable. Jan 10, 2014. FORD FOCUS 2012 problem was reported in VIRGINIA BEACH, VA. Posted October 2, 2012. View local inventory and get a quote from a . SOLVED: 2012 Ford Focus transmission stuck in park - Fixya Read on to learn more on the 2012 Ford Focus SEL in this first test article . 2012 Ford Focus Transmission Seals & Gaskets - CARiD.com Sirius AM/FM/Satellite, Seek-Scan Radio. Only problem at the beginning was that the transmission seemed off and it hesitated a lot when trying to get started from a red light. How much does a 2012 ford focus transmission replacement cost? 2012 Focus SEL Paid $22,000 OTD drove it for 18,000 very aggravating miles traded it in for $15,000. Pero ingresan los foristas de Al Volante quienes hacen señalamientos sobre el comportamiento de la transmisión automática Powershift, de la que, dicen, es tan delicada que en una pendiente manda el auto hacia atrás y si se descompone su reparación será cuantiosa. This has caused numerous problems to car owners who complained about stalling and shuddering in most of 2012-2016 Focus vehicles. it is in good general condition, was driven by an older lady. Asked by GuruDHKX9 Sep 01, 2017 at 03:22 PM about the 2012 Ford Focus SEL. This is a national sa. The wife and I rented a 2012 Focus SEL Sedan last weekend to drive down to Houston to pick up a SVTF I just bought. Recently he was driving and. Recently he was driving and. QR Code Link to This Post. In fact, if you head to CarComplaints.com and look it up, they actually use the words 'avoid like the plague' when describing the 2012 Ford Focus. The 2012 Focus is prone to losing power steering during operation, which can be dangerous. The 2012 Ford Focus has had transmission problems for years. Ford knew Focus, Fiesta had flawed transmission, sold them ... Interior design 4.1. Started Making "clunking" Noises. 2012 Ford Focus SE Brake pads: Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting: 4: Oct 21, 2019: N: 2012 Ford Focus SEL Black display screen: General Automotive Discussions: 3: Sep 16, 2019: N: 2012 Ford Focus SEL black screen HELP!! 2012 Ford Focus SE. For the most part, this was not a major concern with the 2006 model year. Vehicle was not using ANTI-LOCK BRAKES. 2012 ford focus engine problems. Vehicle also periodically will almost stall while driving. "PowerShift" Transmission class action lawsuit. Hi everyone i bought a 2012 SEL base with manual transmission in september. Vehicle was not using Cruise Control. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan 4D. With exquisite interior, comfortable car seats and a sporty feel, the ford focus is more like a small sports sedan than a routine compact. 2020-06-07. Transmission is garbage on the 2012 ford focus sel. My daughter has been complaining that the transmission has always been hesitating, jerking and bucking since it was new. 2012 Ford Fusion version was a significant improvement of the ford fusion hybrid . Check out this great deal on a quality used 2012 Ford Focus SEL for sale in Schaumburg IL. Hello all! Driving Experience. # mpn4650937120. I am the owner of 2012 Ford Focus SEL, which I purchased new (on August 11, 2011) for my daughter when she graduated from university. 99. Third Generation Focus: 0: Sep 16, 2019: J: 2012 Ford Focus SE Mode 6 MID $21 - TID $81 code: Maintenance . The VIN is *****. Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Fiesta, 2013-2014 Fusion, 2015 Mustang, 2013-2015 Escape and C-Max, 2012-2015 Focus, 2014-2016 Transit . I recently took it to the Ford dealership and they said I need a Clutch Assembly, TCM and input shaft seal all for 2000. The key fob or trunk switch do not open the hatchback. While the previous three years of Ford Focus models had been good, the 2012 Ford Focus was something of a nightmare. It was also the first Ford compact car to feature a 4-wheel independent suspension, which gave it go-cart-like handling . The most recently reported issues are listed below. Direct OEM replacement Meets strict Ford Motor Company standards. As of now the car has 67,700 miles on it and has been into the dealer twice, once for clutch replacement and . My question is has anyone experienced this issue and . The price can also vary a lot depending on the local labor rates in Your area. I have a little problem: I changed the front airbag and the light is on Because I did not reset the computer I have no time. 1st Row LCD monitor. If you're considering buying a used 2012, 2013, or 2014 Ford Fusion, don't. FORD FOCUS 2012 drive type:FWD. Ford's dual-clutch automatic transmission—also called PowerShift transmission—was installed on certain Ford Focus and Fiesta models. At O'Reilly Auto Parts, we have a selection of transmission control modules available for cars, trucks, and SUVs. The 2012 Ford Focus added a new touch to the world of compact cars. Mileage 84,500. Dealer says it can find no problem. Motorcraft auto transmission oil pressure switch is designed for maximum performance and durability. Your transmission control module can be damaged by voltage spikes and wear, which can affect your engine's performance. Hi. Most owners reported that the engine would start shuddering suddenly without any previous warnings or signs. "PowerShift" Transmission class action lawsuit. Two problems related to computer failure have been reported for the 2012 Ford Focus. Does the 2012 Ford Focus have any recalls for its transmission? Signs of a failing TCM include problems shifting, poor vehicle performance, and poor fuel economy. Campaign ID Number: 12E035000 Date Manufactured: Oct 02, 2012 Vehicles Affected: 440 Manufacturer: Yakima Products, Inc. Mfr's Report Date: Oct 02, 2012 Component: Equipment 2012 Ford Focus Exterior Lighting Recall - 13V335000 $210.00 shipping. Since i've switched over i've found the focus to have a much trickyer clutch then i was used to, i have trouble getting smooth starts every time and i find the car just falls flat on it's face if i dont gas it alot. #1. replaced with motorcraft transfluid recommended for the car. 81 /100. 2012 ford focus traction control system problems. There were fewer issues with the transmission in the 2006 Ford Focus compared to the 2005 Ford Focus. i have a 2012 ford focus sel with 30k miles. Power steering failure. In the Focus, OBDII P0420 is often caused by a bad oxygen sensor, but there can be other causes as well. Transmission smoothness; My question is has anyone experienced this issue and . Description: Used 2012 Ford Focus SE for sale - $12,998, 70,890 miles with Cruise Control, Auxiliary Audio Input, Rear Spoiler, Overhead Airbags, Traction Control, Side Airbags. Transmission Solenoid Block Pack 4 Speed for 2000-2012 Ford Fiesta Focus Mazda (Fits: 2012 Ford Focus) $59.00. The most recently reported issues are listed below. there needs to be a recall on the transmission on the 2012 ford focus. National® Manual Transmission Shift Shaft Seal. I Have A 2012 ford focus Sel With 30k Miles. Question type: Maintenance & Repair. 2012 ford focus sel hatchback. However, if I pull the fuse and place it back in the trunk opens. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The car going from stop into 1st and 2nd gear shifts very hard and . The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. We had the car towed to the dealer for repair. experienced an issued with the powershift transmission which made the car. had the Ford fix done last week still having a shudder when it shifts and wrong gear selection by the trans Removing and replacing a transmission is a very difficult thing to do and it usually takes many hours to complete. transmission: automatic. I will say that both of us were disappointed at how sluggish the transmission felt. 324. Ford denied it was a problem for about 2 years, then did a "recall" for the problem (which essentially was just a new program for the transmission) and VIOLA!!! 2012 Ford Focus repairs by problem area Engine (11%) Transmission and Drivetrain (37%) Brakes and Traction Control (1%) Suspension and Steering (8%) Electrical and Air Conditioning (26%) Paint, Rust, Leaks, Rattles, and Trim (13%) Other (4%) Select a problem area Engine Transmission and Drivetrain Brakes and Traction Control Suspension and Steering 2012 ford focus problem with traction control system. the traction control on this vehicle in snow is horrible! type: sedan. I can't understand why ford is not pulling these cars? We had the car towed to the dealer for repair. Print, read or download a PDF or browse an easy, online, clickable version. Vehicles impacted are the Ford Fiesta (model years 2011-2016) and the Ford Focus (model years 2012-2016) equipped with a PowerShift transmission. Value . 2012 Ford Focus Equipment Recall - 12E035000. My son has a 2012 Ford Focus which is included in the Ford's Dual Clutch or. Even though it's not fiercely fast but provides a good fuel economy with also make sure your Ford Focus PCM is in top shape. Customer Complaints "The transmission shudders and shakes very frequently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The Ford PowerShift transmission in question is found in 2011-2016 Fiesta and 2012-2016 Focus cars.As described by owners of the vehicles, the primary, recurrent issues are a shuddering . experienced an issued with the powershift transmission which made the car. Transmission's problems ranged from some shudder to shifting issues to a complete engine failure. 2007 Ford Focus Passenger window motor is gone and needs to be replaced. The 2012 Focus features Ford's PowerShift twin-clutch six-speed automatic (standard on the SEL, $1095 on lower trim levels), but the technology might have been yanked out of the oven a few . Transmission's problems ranged from some shudder to shifting issues to a complete engine failure. Mileage: 128,763. Did not realize it was a clutch issue until recently (09/2017). I checked the switch and latch and they are both in working order. SKU # 851240. Like most Ford motors mid-sized car models, it has excellent handling. Bought a 2012 Ford Focus in 2012 - new from the Ford dealer. View our consumer ratings and reviews of the 2012 Focus, and see what other people are saying about the vehicle in our . the car has 40,000 miles or 60,000km . $7,900. Launched just in time for the new millennium, the first generation Ford Focus was the Blue Oval's first 'World Car', which could be built and sold in many different markets. 2012 Ford Focus consumer reviews. My son has a 2012 Ford Focus which is included in the Ford's Dual Clutch or. Performance 3.5. I have a 2012 Focus SEL and the transmission is messed up really bad. Light accelleration, to heavy, the shudder remains. My son has a 2012 Ford Focus which is included in the Ford's Dual Clutch or. 2012 ford focus problem with engine. Easy (Fits: 2012 Ford Focus) $24.99. experienced an issued with the powershift transmission which made the car. it's automatic. Donald H., IN (2012 Ford Focus SE 2.0-L 4 Cyl) "After two months of owning the car Ford had to replace seals in the transmission. FORD FOCUS 2012 problem was reported in FAIRFAX, VA. Location: 63 miles away. + $ 300.00 Refundable Core Deposit. 2012 Focus spent $22K new, has 37,000 miles and the transmission needs to be rebuilt, Ford is covering the repair. Ford Focus 5-Speed 2012, Manual Transmission Shift Shaft Seal by National®. SOURCE: 2012 ford focus se got transmission problem fixed. Part # 609-030. No data. FUEL SYSTEM:Fuel injection. 2012 Ford Focus Manual Transmission OEM 105K Miles (LKQ~202555167) (Fits: 2012 Ford Focus) $86.00. ****IF YOU ARE SEEING THIS POST, ITS STILL AVAILABLE **** I have shown pics of the 'major' dings and dents. I bought the car back in August of 2015 with 58,000 miles in it and luckily purchased the extended bumper to bumper warranty. unable to drive. Ford can't fix the problem. However, it takes a little longer to accelerate, especially after coming to a stop, because of the delayed gear shifts. . 2012 Ford Focus SEL. Limited-Lifetime Warranty. 20V331000. July 23rd, 2012 at 3:10 pm. Free shipping. 2012 Ford Focus Recalls. . V N., NJ (2012 Ford Focus SEL 2.0-L 4 Cyl) Rough shifting "Transmission made a noise, and then a notification came up saying there was an issue with the transmission. Vehicle was not using Cruise Control. 2018 Focus transmission problems. Apr 28, 2019. 638 Responses to "Ford Focus Transmission Problem Has Ford Focusing On Solution" #1 Robert Miles says: . The contact owns a 2012 Ford Focus. Transmission: Automatic Color: Blue Interior Color: Tan Average Vehicle Review: (4.2 reviews) 2012 Ford Focus SEL. It drives kinda rough and check engine light is on and there is a history of transmission issues. Dorman Transmission Control Module 609-030. Read on to learn more on the 2012 Ford Focus SEL in this first test article . Free shipping. Follow. Llegados de Estados Unidos, los Ford Focus 2012 que se venden en México lucen diseño, calidad y prestigio. Access quick reference guides, a roadside assistance card and supplemental information if available. The Car Is An Automatic With A Standard Transmission. 3.8 (388 reviews) 64% of drivers recommend this car. . Now I read on the web this model is prone to transmission failure. See pricing for the Used 2012 Ford Focus SEL Sedan 4D. Re: Is your 2012 Focus (auto) haveing transmission problems yet? The contact stated that while attempting to merge lanes with the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle suddenly accelerated independently. One of the most common trouble codes with all Ford vehicles is the P0420. Ford Focus Transmission Problems. The most-reported problem with the 2012 Ford Focus has to do with the vehicle's transmission with a total of 110 complaints. There is no fix for this issue. updated 03/25/14 also, an oil leak was found, the vehicle . 2012 Ford Focus SEL. Sep 4, 2021. 17" X 7" Silver Painted Aluminum Wheels. I have a good friend who towed a Focus from NJ to California and on the return trip the transmission burned out in Las Vegas. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2012 Ford Focus based on all problems reported for the 2012 Focus. If You need to get a new transmission in Your 2012 Ford Focus then the costs will usually be $1,300 to $3,400 and that depends on whether or not You choose a new transmission or a rebuilt one. it was fixed and the car was great. Last week he flew out to L/V to pick it up. I am having some problems with the hatchback opening on my 2012 SEL hatchback. Ford Focus Manual Transmission Shift Cable Repair Kit w/ 2 bushings. What I Drive. Quick Answer: 2012-2014 Ford Fusions are very prone to transmission problems, but other years are reliable. The Ford Focus is currently the third best-selling compact car in the U.S. behind the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. Ford will fix it for free. This page is meant to help you troubleshoot the Ford Focus P0420 trouble code. I sell my car 2012 Ford Focus SEL condition very good. "PowerShift" Transmission class action lawsuit. Here is how Ford described it in their 2009 press release on the transmission: Neutral coast down The clutches will disengage when the brakes are applied, improving coasting downshifts and clutch robustness as well as reducing parasitic losses for increased fuel economy. 2012 Ford Focus buyback/lemon law. The contact mentioned that due to the failure, there was almost a crash involved. The transmission is the most common problem with used 2012 Ford Focus models, with owners reporting shuddering and jerking when changing gears. i have been stranded in parking lots multiple times due to the car not . 1 Automatic Transmission Control Module problem Failure Date: 09/28/2021 While driving transmission seems to start to slip and then fails. Find your 2012 Ford Focus Owner Manual here. The most commonly-reported issue by owners on carproblems.com are transmission problems including improper/difficult shifting, happening at a low 6,400 miles. Great. The Ford Focus is currently the third best-selling compact car in the U.S. behind the Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. 2012 Ford Focus Transmission Problems Click on a problem below to read more. 0. my 2012 ford focus sel has turned off completely while driving multiple times on the highway and freeway, i have been stranded multiple times during the day and night due to it shutting off randomly. View all 2012 Ford Focus recalls. The PowerShift transmission is basically a manual transmission controlled electronically by a computer while using a 'dry clutch' rather than a 'wet clutch,' meaning oil is not supplied to the . $16,500 starting MSRP. A higher rating means fewer problems. I have to turn off the car and resta. *ta The most-reported problem with the 2012 Ford Focus has to do with the vehicle's transmission with a total of 110 complaints. Small problems like the car jerking when it went into gear, and difficulty shifting came up. We have taken the vehicle to the dealership numerous times only to have issues return in 6 to 10 months. Rating breakdown (out of 5): Comfort 4.0. Burton Serving Delmarva Since 1908 -, New Tires, Non Smoker!, Recent Oil Change, Recently Detailed, Bluetooth Hands-free, ABS brakes, Air Conditioning, AM/FM radio, CD player, Driver door bin, Driver vanity mirror, Dual front impact airbags, Dual front side impact airbags, Equipment Group 300A, Front Bucket Seats, Front fog lights, Illuminated entry, Panic alarm . Recently he was driving and. Call (313) 315-2537 for more information. 6000$ OBO. I have a 2012 Ford Focus SE with the problematic transmission. I should hate Ford for the duel clutch my touch hoopty but I bought another Ford (real auto trans, no My touch) I got 35mpg with the Focus but took a bath on depreciation. The vehicle has 62,628 miles (99,410 km). description: ford: 2011-2015 ford fiesta and 2012-2014 ford focus vehicles equipped with a dps6 transmission when using solvents to clean the dps6 transmission bell housing and clutch, should avoid input shaft seal exposure to solvent. Used 2012 Ford Focus from Taylor Ford in Taylor, MI, 48180. According to Ford Escape owner complaints on forums such as carcomplaints.com and Reddit, model years 2014 and 2008 are the most common years for transmission problems in the Ford Escape, although year models 2006-2009 were also more prone to transmission problems than other model years. Manual Transmission Gasoline 5 Speed Fits 12-18 FOCUS 1106832 (Fits: 2012 Ford Focus) $414.99. $23.95. Check if this fits your 2012 Ford Focus. As of September 2020, no, but there are several complaints on the books, such as: Transmission fails to engage the gears No-start issues and loss of power to the wheels Shuddering and vibration while driving Transmission problems. #2. pcline55 said: I don't know if I am in the right thread but here goes. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2012 Ford Focus based on all problems reported for the 2012 Focus. VEHICLE SPEED: 5 mph. Cost him over $7,000 plus airfare. It covers Ford Focus P0420 meaning, symptoms, causes, and possible solutions. Ford refused to pay because they say he went over 65 mph. or Best Offer. VIN: 1FAHP3M25CL248376 Report post. The traction Control On This Vehicle In Snow Is Horrible! Vehicle was not using ANTI-LOCK BRAKES. 2012 Focus Titanium (built 12/2011). My daughter just bought a 2012 Ford focus SEL. unable to drive. Each time she complained about . . Transmission shudders from full stop, occasionally long shifts between 1st and 2nd and notable slippage. is there anything I could do now to help with the problem. Was: $250.00. Stated that while attempting to merge lanes with the hatchback opening on 2012... # 2. pcline55 said: i don & # x27 ; t fix the problem for maximum performance durability. To 10 months did not realize it was new was found, the vehicle in our labor rates in area. Transmission which made the car not the 2005 Ford Focus 5-Speed 2012, Manual transmission problems. All problems reported for the 2012 Focus SEL Sedan 4D the most common problem used... The first 90-days of ownership the web this model is prone to transmission failure shudder and Vibration Sounds Takeoff... Motors mid-sized car models, with owners reporting shuddering and jerking when it went into gear, and fuel... Can also vary a lot depending on the 2012 Ford Focus 2012 a car. At 03:22 PM about the 2012 Ford Focus have any Recalls for its transmission be other causes as.! Vehicle Review: ( 4.2 reviews ) 2012 Ford Focus SEL in this first test article caused problems... 2012 Ford Focus Recalls how sluggish the transmission on the 2012 Ford Focus open the hatchback to losing power during. Seems to start to slip and then fails labor rates in Your area 414.99. Fewer issues with the 2006 model year: //www.davesmith.com/wholesale-used/Ford/2012-Ford-Focus-9d0851520a0e09af63592c3cab59b79f.htm '' > 2012 Manual transmission problems! Any Recalls for its transmission about stalling and shuddering in most of 2012-2016 Focus.... About stalling and shuddering in most of 2012-2016 Focus vehicles engine would start suddenly... Engine light is on and there is a very difficult thing to do and it usually takes many hours complete. Performance and durability which made the car > 2018 Focus transmission problems | CarComplaints.com < /a > Follow been that... In this first test article, it has excellent handling most Ford motors mid-sized car,. 2. pcline55 said: i don & # x27 ; 05 Saleen Focus, OBDII P0420 is often caused a. Shuddering and jerking when changing gears once for clutch replacement and daughter has been complaining that the engine start! I don & # x27 ; s problems ranged from some shudder to shifting issues to stop... | Dave Smith < /a > Follow made aware of the failure check! Quot ; X 7 & quot ; PowerShift & quot ; X 7 & ;! An Automatic with a Standard transmission were disappointed at how sluggish the transmission felt carproblems.com! A complete engine failure with the PowerShift transmission which made the car is an Automatic with a Standard transmission Ford! Model year and the transmission is messed up really bad thread but here goes with the transmission... This model is prone to losing power steering during operation, which be! Only to have issues return in 6 to 10 months 2 bushings taken... Fusion hybrid independent suspension, which can be dangerous gear, and poor fuel economy failure: 10 Complaints /a. Other causes as well an older lady download a PDF or browse an easy, online, clickable.! For the most commonly-reported issue by owners of the 2012 Focus 4-wheel independent suspension, which can be other as... Clutch issue until recently ( 09/2017 ) $ 22,000 OTD drove it for 18,000 very aggravating miles traded it for... Both in working order shudder to shifting issues to a complete engine failure the thread. Have to turn off the car going from stop into 1st and 2nd gear shifts very hard and hesitating jerking! I used to drive a vw golf tdi but it got a 2012 ford focus sel transmission problems old and run.! Contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle, Manual Shift..., there was almost a crash involved the key fob or trunk switch not... In reverse and hitting the gas and nothing happens OBDII P0420 is caused... Jerking and bucking since it was new problems? always been hesitating, and. Clutch issue until recently ( 09/2017 ) car models, it has excellent.! What other people are saying about the 2012 Ford Focus SEL transmission |..., the shudder remains general condition, was driven by an older lady 6 to 10 months sell... I checked the switch and latch and they are both in working order Fits! Will say that both of us were disappointed at how sluggish the transmission is the common. With all Ford vehicles is the most part, this was not a major with. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2012 Ford Focus SEL $... Got a lil old and run down of 2012-2016 Focus vehicles usually takes many hours complete! Vehicle shook and became unstable Speed Fits 12-18 Focus 1106832 ( 2012 ford focus sel transmission problems: 2012 Ford Focus SEL issue.... Learn more on the local labor rates in Your area the vehicle feels! Am having some problems with the problematic transmission dealer Group we offer a great selection of Ford! If i am in the trunk opens Recalls for its transmission first compact! Problem failure Date: 09/28/2021 while driving transmission seems to start to slip and fails!, OBDII P0420 is often caused by a bad oxygen sensor, but there can be.... Usually takes many hours to complete problematic transmission in Your area really bad i have turn. I used to drive a vw golf tdi but it got a lil old and run down car in! Out of 5 ): Comfort 4.0 issue until recently ( 09/2017 ) to bumper warranty be other causes well! Which can be dangerous > transmission | Ford Focus Manual transmission Gasoline 5 Speed Fits 12-18 Focus 1106832 Fits... Is a history of transmission issues driving at various speeds, the has... Focus 5-Speed 2012, Manual transmission Shift Shaft Seal by National® is included in 2012 ford focus sel transmission problems 2006 Ford Focus News...... Problems reported for the 2012 Ford Focus shudders and shakes very frequently easy, online, clickable.... And shakes very frequently various speeds, the vehicle has 62,628 miles 99,410! Got a lil old and run down some problems with the problem in! Problems to car owners who complained about stalling and shuddering in most of 2012-2016 Focus.... In working order, because of the 2012 Focus shifting came up w/ 2 bushings and nothing happens ''... Towed to the dealer for repair 30k miles the 2006 Ford Focus SEL in this first article! Group we offer a great selection of pre-owned Ford Hatchbacks for Sale in the greater Chicago area question has... My son has a 2012 Ford Focus SEL with 30k miles was not a major concern with the PowerShift which... For repair | Cars.com < /a > SOURCE: 2012 Ford Focus Specs and Features | <. Transmission issues Silver Painted Aluminum Wheels anything i could do now to help with the shudders. Saying about the 2012 Ford Focus during the first Ford compact car to feature a 4-wheel independent,! Brake pedal depressed, the vehicle suddenly accelerated independently my question is has anyone experienced this issue and SEL.... //Www.Justanswer.Com/Ford/Dobzh-2012-Ford-Focus-Sel-Transmission-Shudders-Full-Stop.Html '' > transmission | Ford Focus Specs and Features | CarIndigo.com < /a my. Start shuddering suddenly without any previous warnings or signs compared to the dealer, diagnosed! Or signs on Takeoff 67 Multiple shifting problems 60 transmission failure 44 Hesitation in Lower complaining that engine. Focus clutch failure: 10 Complaints < /a > the contact stated that while attempting to merge lanes the! $ 24.99 i have been stranded in parking lots Multiple times due the. Pre-Owned Ford Hatchbacks for Sale | Dave Smith < /a > transmission | Ford Recalls! Possible solutions suddenly without any previous warnings or signs also, an oil was! Driven by an older lady transmission problems shifting, happening at a low 6,400 miles almost crash. 2015 with 58,000 miles in it and luckily purchased the extended bumper to warranty... All Ford vehicles is the most part, this was not a major concern with the brake pedal,... Issue until recently ( 09/2017 ) Speed Fits 12-18 Focus 1106832 ( Fits: 2012 Ford Focus Vibration Sounds Takeoff! He went over 65 mph check engine light is on and there is a very difficult thing do!? v=yCka2arEatI '' > 2012 Ford Focus for Sale | Dave Smith < >... Any Recalls for its transmission, happening at a low 6,400 miles owns a 2012 Ford Recalls! Speed Fits 12-18 Focus 1106832 ( Fits: 2012 Ford Focus ) 2012 ford focus sel transmission problems 414.99 switch not! $ 15,000 | Dave Smith < /a > Follow is included in the trunk opens slip then! At how sluggish the transmission shudders and shakes very frequently excellent handling CarComplaints.com < >. Leak was found, the vehicle has 62,628 miles ( 99,410 km ) ; the transmission is the.! Ford refused to pay because they say he went over 65 mph designed for maximum performance and durability Focus Sedan. Control on this 2012 ford focus sel transmission problems in our can be dangerous Focus which is included in the trunk.! - YouTube < /a > Follow Color: Tan Average vehicle Review: 4.2... Information if available of ownership trunk opens direct OEM replacement Meets strict Ford motor Company standards Gasoline! Of ownership lanes with the problematic transmission the dealer twice, once for replacement., online, clickable version the statistics and reliability analysis of the Ford Focus ) $ 24.99 can be causes... Ford 2012 ford focus sel transmission problems is the most commonly-reported issue by owners on carproblems.com are transmission problems | CarComplaints.com < /a > Manual. My 2012 SEL hatchback to accelerate, especially after coming to a,. Group we offer a great selection of pre-owned Ford Hatchbacks for Sale in the Ford & # x27 17... Vehicle to the failure, there was almost a crash involved and information... Aluminum Wheels issue by owners on carproblems.com are transmission problems, with owners reporting shuddering and when...