Special exhibition Thai Heritage
Special exhibition Thai Heritage Conservation Day in Thailand 2014. Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn and the Conservation of Thai Cultural Heritage. and Museuns Archaeology and History: Following in the Footsteps of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
In 1985, the Council of Ministers announced that it would commemorate the birthday of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn by declaring Thai Heritage Conservation Day. This was done to praise H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn as a model of creativity and Her Royal’s Highness’s initiatives in conserving so much of Thai national heritage for future generations.
The Fine Arts Department has been in charge of organizing the annual exhibition in honor of Thai Heritage Conservation Day. H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn always attends the opening ceremony, and kindly presents aword tokens to honored guests who are chosen from different institutes who follow Her Royal Highness’s intention of conserving Thai Heritage.
On several occasions Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn has possed on her Royal thoughts to the Fine Arts Department encouraging the Department to create a concrete development plan of arts and culture for the benefit everyone in the country.
On the occasion of Thai Heritage Conservation Day 2014, the Fine Arts Department has assigned its Regional Offices which include the 6th Regional Office of Fine Arts Sukhothai, the Office of Literature and History, the Office of National Museums, the Office of National Library and the Office of National Archives to select the projects that were chosen as a result of Her Royal Highness’s remarks; and present them in the exhin=bition this year. This activity aims to disseminate her royal grace and remarls regarding archaeology, history and literature as well as the national museums, library and archives, that are assigned to the Fine Arts Department. The exhibition will present those activities already completed as well as those that are on-going, including the Department’s directives to process them in the future.
Within this special exhibition Exhibit knowledge and artifacts as follows.
- Museum, Archeology and History, Following in the Footsteps of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakrl Sirindhorn.
- The office of the National Archives: The development in the process of maintaining and preserving archival documents.
- Process of restoration and repair of archival documents.
- The Procedure for Archival Works
- The Archival documents
- National Archive Work Initialed by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.
- The Replublication of Ancient Documents and Rare Books.
- Tri Bhoomi Gatha
- Producing Copies of Inscriptions
- Stone Inscriptions
- The Development of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s Reserch on Ancient Document and Inscriptions.
- Samples of literature
- Literature and History Work Initialed by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
- The Mechanical Hoist Movable Thorne
- Rak Reforestation to Preserve Thai Wisdom
- Suvarnalinga (Golden Shiva Linga) from Khao Phli-mueang, Nakorn Si Thammarat Province.
- The Network of Youth Tour Guide for the Promotion of Thai Culture Heritage.
- Virtual Museum
- Japanese Instruments
- Ancient Buddha Images
- The National Museum Storage; Development Through the Royal Wish of H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.
- The Artifact Exhibitions
- Conservation Guidelines for the Excavation Site at Chom Chuen Temple, Si Satchanalai Historical Park under the Royal Remarks of H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.
- Inherit the Legend of Ancient Gold at Khao Chaison.
- The Establishment of the Study of Archaeology and History of Mueang Dong Lakhon, Mueang District, Nakorn Nayok Province.
- Sustainable Conservation and Development
- Cultural Development of Dong Lakhon Archseological Site Geomorphology and Historical Background.
- Dong Lakhon: 4 decades of Archaeology